Extra Capacity Oil Filter? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Extra Capacity Oil Filter?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
tapenick
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Extra Capacity Oil Filter?

I recently purchased an 02 V6 4x4, wondering if there is an oil filter that gives extra capacity? On the old 4.0 liters the Ford 302/351 filter would fit and give a little more capacity.

Tom
92 XJ
98 ZJ
00 TJ
02 WJ
02 KJ
07 XK

tapenick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

You can use the PH8 Ford filters,extra 1/4-1/2qt capacity but it's real close to the serp belt when installed.Not really worth it when buying that extra qt of oil to use 1/4 of it does not make a lot of sense when 5qt jugs are cheap at wally world.
Unread 05-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
tapenick
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
You can use the PH8 Ford filters,extra 1/4-1/2qt capacity but it's real close to the serp belt when installed.Not really worth it when buying that extra qt of oil to use 1/4 of it does not make a lot of sense when 5qt jugs are cheap at wally world.
Thanks! Actually helps me out a lot as I keep a couple of the PH8s around for other engines and usually have partial 5qt jugs around.
Unread 08-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
tapenick
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Snapped a pic yesterday... not a lot of difference. Like I mentioned above, still helps me since everything I own (except my lawnmower) can use a Wix 51515. Thanks Again!

Tom
92 XJ
00 TJ
02 WJ
02 KJ
07 XK
img_20140807_181146_836.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.