Error code help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Error code help

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
Jettster

Error code help

Long time lurker and Jeep owner. My wife and I just got back from a week vacation and she started up her 2005 KJ. Her engine light came on, flashed a few times and we turned it right off. Our mechanic is backlogged and we don't want to drive it to our other reliable mechanic 45 minutes away. I checked the codes and P0035 and P0039 popped up. Both are crank error codes, Crankshaft position sensor A Circuit Performance and Crankshaft position sensor intermittent. We had a new transmission put in over the winter, but other than that, her car has been reliable.

Has anyone encountered these codes before, and if so, what was the repair/result. It was running/idling rough and I'm concerned it may be a big repair.

Thanks in advance.

Jettster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Can be a faulty crank sensor, and/or faulty cam sensor. Without proper tools, you're guessing which one, if either of them is the culprit. Yes they are crank sensor codes, however, Chryslers are well known for having confused powertrain modules, and labeling the wrong sensor as suspect. Best source for new ones,.... dealer.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.