DVD in Libby? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-27-2004, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
DonDonn

DVD in Libby?

Does anyone know if you can get a DVD player in a Libby? I know I can get an aftermarket one for the dash, but I mean one for the rear passengers to see.

Donn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Columbia04

You can get a DVD for any car. You would have to get an FM modulator to be able to get the sound through the stock headunit if you keep that.
the easiest way to do this is to just get a radio that plays CDs/DVDs. You can then wire in a seperate monitor in the back of your car wherever you want. Alpine makes an incredible unit now (D900), but it will cost you! It has a seperate input/output box that mounts under a seat and has RCA inputs/outputs to connect whatever you may want to up to your radio.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=32825

'04 Liberty Columbia
'84 Porsche 944
post #3 of 3 Old 04-28-2004, 02:29 PM
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDonn
Does anyone know if you can get a DVD player in a Libby? I know I can get an aftermarket one for the dash, but I mean one for the rear passengers to see.

Donn
For sure. Most add on units I see that are popular mount to the roof of the interior, like above the center console, and a screen flips down for when in use.

You could also have a shop install screens into the back of the front seat headrests.

And the DVD unit doesn't have to replace what's in the dash, there are add on units that do this that can go in the back or under a seat. But if you are paying for the video, you would probably want to upgrade the headunit for better sound. Anything can be done, it all depends on how much money you're willing to spend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.