Dumb Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Dumb Question

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
forcrz6
2008 JK Wrangler 

Dumb Question

It may be strait forward to most but here it is.

Is a 2", 3" or 4" lift kit really 2", 3", or 4" that they say they are? Im asking as it seems that a 2" lift kit seems to say that they are always higher on the rear end. Is this true, and if so Usually by how much?

forcrz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
01CHEEKEE
2004 KJ Liberty 

Pretty sure when they say 2", it's 2" over stock...and seeing as you're most likely sagging they say it's more than 2" of lift...if that makes sense...
01CHEEKEE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The OME 1.5" lift will yield higher than advertised.

If you have the front that is sitting a bit lower, doing a clevis adjustment or a top plate on the front can be used to help level things out. Have not really seen postings of that being an issue though.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

New stock on 03 and later is about 19 inches from middle of tire to bottom of flare in front
Some people will post up that they got 4 inches of lift when in fact theirs was sagged an inch to begin with.
OME advertises as 1.5 inches but everyone knows you'll get 2.25 or so in front, with some added extras you can get 3.5 inches out of that same spring / shock setup
So its all a numbers game.
Some of the spacer lifts are real funny in their advertising

If you like the raked look we can tell you how to have that
if you want it to sit level we can tell you the parts you'll need to have it level
if you want a pre runner style with the front higher, hey we'll also tell you how to do it
Unread 07-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
forcrz6
2008 JK Wrangler 

That's what I was missing.. The sag. Ok. So now I know (At least I think I know) a "Stock" Jeep 04 liberty sport with no lift, just a stock ride hight is 19" from the mid of the tire to the bottom of the flare.. Correct?

What should it be in the back?

the reason that I am asking is I am going to buy springs and shocks and new struts for my jeep to give it a lift, but as of right now I can not (With the current way the jeep sits. go over 4 inches, or I will not fit in my garage. I really do not want to go over 3.5 as the extra .5 is accounted for in the winter with the snow.

Now i can go higher if i was to take off the roof rack bars that are stock on the libby.
forcrz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

To go 4 inches and over takes some extra work and money
For all the lifts that we do here at my place we use
front
OME 927 springs
a 1/4 inch top plate
3/8 inch clevis
either OME or Bilstein front shocks
Teraflex bumpstops
Jeepinbyal 4.5 UCAs
rear
OME 948s
OME 132Ls or Bilstein shocks
2 extra upper isolators
2 per side hockey pucks for bumpstops
This when settled in puts you at at about 22.50
which is a 3.5 inch lift
now of course you can leave out the top plate /clevis etc and adjust to say 2.5 inch/3 inch whatever you want
combine that with a 245-75 tires and you have a good combination, great handling and ride
NOW
JBA does have a new lift ( Ironman ) that will give you about 2 inches of lift and the ride is real good, I currently testing it out to see how it will do long term

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.