delay-off headlight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > delay-off headlight

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 07-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
NathanKC1979
2004 KJ Liberty 

delay-off headlight

hey all i just got my liberty a week ago and am working on figuring it out. I figured out how to turn the seat belt beeping off now the questions still remaining is there a way to disengage the delay off headlight they really are annoying me cause they stay on forever after the jeep is shut off . second where is the fog light switch i have them just can't find a switch for them.

thanks
Nathan

NathanKC1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
jeeplibby1

First, welcome to the site and congrats on your Jeep. The fog light switch is located where you turn on your headlights. If the rotate the switch at least to your parking lights, give it a pull and it will come out and click. This will turn on the fog lights. Same thing if you turn the switch to the headlight position. You can not pull it out without any lights on though. You at least have to have the parking lights on.

As for the headlight delay. I have no clue. They should turn off after 8 mins. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want them too. A dead battery sucks.
Anyways, maybe you can look here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/liberty-service-manuals-801654/

You might even find an owners manual. Good luck.
jeeplibby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
NathanKC1979
2004 KJ Liberty 

thanks that answers the fog light thing but i don't want my headlights to stay on at all i want them to shut off when i shut the ignition off i get paranoid that they wont shut off and have to sit there and watch till they do plus they shine into my neighbors house when i get home at midnight and i am sure its super annoying.
Unread 07-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
MikeMCJ
1951 M-38 

try turning your lights off before you shut the ignition off.
MikeMCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
a5150nut
2006 XK Commander 

Nat,

My wife's KJ has the headlight setting in the menu in the upper console. Along with all the other settings. Honk or not when locking. . . .that would be a nice option at midnight!
a5150nut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

If you have the EVIC you can scroll through the options and shut it off. I shut mine off that way. If you don't have the EVIC I don't know how to do it. Check for your owners manual in the hidden slot above the glove compartment. If you don't have one you can go to jeep.com and print one.

Congrats on the new jeep.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
jeeplibby1

?? Why don't you turn them off yourself? It just take two clicks.
jeeplibby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
NathanKC1979
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplibby1 View Post
?? Why don't you turn them off yourself? It just take two clicks.
i will have to try that one like i said its new to me and jeep has a lot of controls different than my ram has so i am trying to get used to all of the differences thanks for everyones help i am slowly figuring it out .

PS i don't beleive the evic. My liberty is really just basic doesn't even tell me what temp is outside but considering my grand prix and my ram both have it and they are broke thats not necesarilly a bad thing .
Unread 07-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
babes66
2005 KJ Liberty 

I forget to turn my headlights off everyone in a while before i turn off the ignition, which keeps the lights on when you try to shut them off(they sut off automatically after around 7 min.). I found that if you turn them on again and then off again they will turn off, if you do not like them to stay on for that long for the automatic off.
Hope this helps.
babes66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #10
JoBo

Here's how the delay works

Turn the lights off then shut off the engine and the lights go out.

Turn the engine off first then the lights off and they will stay on for the "delay" period.

It's not a new feature. I first had it on my 99 XJ (cherokee)
2000 Cherokee Classic with factory 16" wheels
JoBo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #11
NathanKC1979
2004 KJ Liberty 

thanks guys i am getting used to this feature i am just twisting the switch twice and it works fine .
Unread 07-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
NathanKC1979
2004 KJ Liberty 

thanks guys i am getting used to this feature i am just twisting the switch twice and it works fine .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.