Cylinder 6 Misfire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Cylinder 6 Misfire

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Bloodguy05

Cylinder 6 Misfire

Hello ALL my name is Anthony. I purchased a 2007 Jeep Liberty (3.7 Liter) from a jeep dealership in 2009. About 5 Months ago the check engine light went on. I took my jeep to a friend of mine whom told me it had a code for a cylinder 6 misfire as well as a random cylinder misfire. We replaced all spark plugs, reset codes after every change of part, changed out the cylinder 6 fuel injector with new one, swapped coil packs (without problem following), changed the Camshaft Position Sensor, Crankshaft Position Sensor, Treatment with seafoam, we even saw a post that stated to swap the fan and ASD relay (I believe thats what they are called). Still not fixed. The symptoms of the car are as follows: unbelievably rough Idle, does not stay started and stalls out, smell of eggs when forced to stay started (reving up engine). Now i had taken the car to the dealership and payed 135 dollars for a "Diagnosis" of bad valves (needs valve job). I refuse to believe this as when we fool around (replace items in) the electrical system and reset codes the problem shows to be intermittent, the problem goes away and doesn't return until after sitting all night. The next morning upon starting car same thing, rough starting, really rough idle, wont stay started and stalls out. PLEASE HELP. Does it need a new computer? Does it really need a valve job? Will a reflash help? has anyone solved this issue in their own car? ive spent hours reading forums about same issue to no resolution. I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter as this is my only vehicle and is becoming more and more frustrating with each failed attempt at fixing this problem.

Last edited by Bloodguy05; 05-13-2013 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Slight Revision
Bloodguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Unfortunately, Libertys are prone to valve problems. So it's not out of the question that yours *does* need engine work.

I would ask the dealership how they diagnosed the problem. Did they check compression? Did they use a bore scope?
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.