Cylinder 5 misfire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Cylinder 5 misfire

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Mike211
2004 KJ Liberty 

Cylinder 5 misfire

I have an 04 liberty with 127k on it changed plugs last year getting a misfire on cylinder 5 could it be the coil? Or what else?

Mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
dubvtb3

This is going to sound bizarre but check the wire leading to your fuel injector, if that's the problem then you can get a connector from napa for $15 then reconnect the wires. I just had to do that on my 02 last week. Kind of a pain to get to but well worth it over going to a shop.
dubvtb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
flexyxj
2009 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike211 View Post
I have an 04 liberty with 127k on it changed plugs last year getting a misfire on cylinder 5 could it be the coil? Or what else?
It could be the coil. Move it to another plug and see if the misfire follows.
flexyxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.