Current recalls - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Current recalls

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 08-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Jgrana
2002 KJ Liberty 

Current recalls

Is there any current recalls for a 2002 liberty limited 3.7

2002 Liberty Limited 3.7
Jgrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Go to Jeeps website and enter your VIN.
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Jgrana
2002 KJ Liberty 

ok thanks

2002 Liberty Limited 3.7
Jgrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
jstraw
2013 JK Wrangler 

There is a recall on the gas tank or something... Rear end impacts cause liberty to explode. I got a recall notice in the mail, but they say they don't have the parts and don't know when they will.
jstraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
There is a recall on the gas tank or something... Rear end impacts cause liberty to explode. I got a recall notice in the mail, but they say they don't have the parts and don't know when they will.
Rear end impacts do not cause a KJ to explode
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #6
jstraw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd

Rear end impacts do not cause a KJ to explode
I'm sorry you don't like my terminology, but those are the words on the letter Chrysler sent me "explosion or fire" from a rear end impact.
Unread 09-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
USPLiberty

If you have the stock gas tank skid and or the tow package, they are not going to recall your Jeep.

I'm still waiting for the "air-bag recall" notice from earlier this year. "still no parts"
USPLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
02jeepliberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstraw
When did you get the letter in the mail? I still have yet to receive mine for my 2002 sport.
02jeepliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
jstraw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02jeepliberty

When did you get the letter in the mail? I still have yet to receive mine for my 2002 sport.
About 2 months ago
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
2007LIB
2007 KJ Liberty 

Has anyone heard about this recall up in Canada?
2007LIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #11
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

No recall letter here. (upstate NY) I haven't been to the dealer to check and I usually only go there to the parts dpt. for OEM parts if I need them.

I'm sure Jeep had to order a million hitches or something and waiting on parts. Don't hold your breath....LOL

I already have a hitch and skid so I'm not worrying about it.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
Libertygj
2005 KJ Liberty 

See http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...0&summary=true for Gas tank recall..
Libertygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
profdlp
2007 KJ Liberty 

Thanks, Libertygj. Good info to have.
profdlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #14
QuickSilver02
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02jeepliberty View Post
I received mine about two weeks ago, but I seem to remember requesting notification from a Chrysler/Jeep website. I emailed my local dealership along with my VIN and I'm scheduled to have the AIRBAG SYSTEM OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE (SAFETY RECALL M35/NHTSA 12V-527) worked on Friday morning.

Here is the recall notice in its entirety:

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
SAFETY RECALL M35/NHTSA 12V-527
AIRBAG SYSTEM OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE

Dear: (Name)

This interim notification letter is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Chrysler has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in some 2002 and 2003 model year Jeep® Liberty vehicles and 2002 through 2004 model year Jeep® Grand Cherokee vehicles.

The problem is...
The Occupant Restraint Control (ORC) module installed in your vehicle (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) has a small chance of experiencing an electrical overstress condition. Should this overstress condition occur, it could damage one of the ORC’s computer chips. A damaged computer chip could cause the airbag light to illuminate, followed almost immediately by an inadvertent deployment of the front airbags (Liberty and Grand Cherokee) or side airbag curtains (Grand Cherokee only). Inadvertent deployment of the airbags may increase the risk of injury and the possibility of a vehicle crash.

What Chrysler is doing…..
Chrysler intends to repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). Unfortunately, the parts required to provide a permanent remedy for this condition are currently not available. Chrysler is making every effort to obtain these parts as quickly as possible. Chrysler will contact you again by mail, with a follow-up recall notice, when the remedy parts are available.
NOTE: The AIRBAG warning light will go on for a few seconds after you start your vehicle and then goes out. This is part of the self-test diagnostics of the airbag system and indicates the airbag system is functioning properly. No action on your part is required for this condition.

What you must do to ensure your safety…
Once you receive your follow-up recall notice in the mail, simply contact your Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealer right away to schedule a service appointment. Ask the dealer to hold the parts for your vehicle or to order them before your appointment.

If you need help...
If you have questions or concerns which your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the Chrysler Group Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403.

Please help us update our records by filling out the attached prepaid postcard, if any of the conditions listed on the card apply to you or your vehicle. You may also update this information on the web at www.chrysler.com/ownersreg.

If you have already experienced this condition and have paid to have it repaired, please send your original receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement: Chrysler Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8007, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Reimbursement. Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days.

If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.

We're sorry for any inconvenience, but we are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.

Customer Services / Field Operations
Chrysler Group LLC
Notification Code M35

Note to lessors receiving this recall: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.
QuickSilver02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
02jeepliberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver02
I received mine about two weeks ago, but I seem to remember requesting notification from a Chrysler/Jeep website. I emailed my local dealership along with my VIN and I'm scheduled to have the AIRBAG SYSTEM OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE (SAFETY RECALL M35/NHTSA 12V-527) worked on Friday morning. Here is the recall notice in its entirety: __________________________________________________ ____________________________________ SAFETY RECALL M35/NHTSA 12V-527 AIRBAG SYSTEM OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE Dear: (Name) This interim notification letter is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Chrysler has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in some 2002 and 2003 model year Jeep® Liberty vehicles and 2002 through 2004 model year Jeep® Grand Cherokee vehicles. The problem is... The Occupant Restraint Control (ORC) module installed in your vehicle (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) has a small chance of experiencing an electrical overstress condition. Should this overstress condition occur, it could damage one of the ORC’s computer chips. A damaged computer chip could cause the airbag light to illuminate, followed almost immediately by an inadvertent deployment of the front airbags (Liberty and Grand Cherokee) or side airbag curtains (Grand Cherokee only). Inadvertent deployment of the airbags may increase the risk of injury and the possibility of a vehicle crash. What Chrysler is doing….. Chrysler intends to repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). Unfortunately, the parts required to provide a permanent remedy for this condition are currently not available. Chrysler is making every effort to obtain these parts as quickly as possible. Chrysler will contact you again by mail, with a follow-up recall notice, when the remedy parts are available. NOTE: The AIRBAG warning light will go on for a few seconds after you start your vehicle and then goes out. This is part of the self-test diagnostics of the airbag system and indicates the airbag system is functioning properly. No action on your part is required for this condition. What you must do to ensure your safety… Once you receive your follow-up recall notice in the mail, simply contact your Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealer right away to schedule a service appointment. Ask the dealer to hold the parts for your vehicle or to order them before your appointment. If you need help... If you have questions or concerns which your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the Chrysler Group Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403. Please help us update our records by filling out the attached prepaid postcard, if any of the conditions listed on the card apply to you or your vehicle. You may also update this information on the web at www.chrysler.com/ownersreg. If you have already experienced this condition and have paid to have it repaired, please send your original receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement: Chrysler Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8007, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Reimbursement. Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov. We're sorry for any inconvenience, but we are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter. Customer Services / Field Operations Chrysler Group LLC Notification Code M35 Note to lessors receiving this recall: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.
thanks for the post, I had mine done 2 Saturdays ago. It took about 3-5 hours from drop off to pick up. But they were busy. I didn't get a letter but I got an email and phone call.
02jeepliberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.