cruise control / speed control - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > cruise control / speed control

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!

Unread 06-08-2004, 09:07 AM   #1
jasondh

cruise control / speed control

I just picked up my new 04 Limited yesterday. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to use cruise control but I'm having a hard time with mine. When I turn it on and then press set- it doesn't enage. Am I doing something wrong??

jasondh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
hyedipin

First turn the Cruice Control ON, and once the
CRUISE
CONTROL
light is on, underneath the odometer, go ABOVE 30-40mph and hit SET, watch the RPM go higher, and hit ACCEL to speed up COAST to well.. coast..

I thought mine didn't work either, until learning you have to be going a bit faster to get it working.. Hitting the brakes (touching) will disengage it.
2004 KJ LTD Black, For sale: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...-trac-1277711/77k miles, 16.3 mpg, clear turn signals, Black euro taillights installed, window air deflectors, kenwood x590 headunit, premium factory sound system, 17" limited clad rims, Nokian Vatiiva A/T tires, tinted fronts, flowmaster 50 SUV series,
hyedipin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #3
jasondh

thanks

thanks bud, it sucks buying a new vehicle and you think somethings already wrong with it
jasondh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
hyedipin

don't worry.. I hope your libby works "like a rock"!
I got a ltd 04 as well, and it actually gets in you by time, over time you will love (actually fall in love with) your jeep.

Enjoy
2004 KJ LTD Black, For sale: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...-trac-1277711/77k miles, 16.3 mpg, clear turn signals, Black euro taillights installed, window air deflectors, kenwood x590 headunit, premium factory sound system, 17" limited clad rims, Nokian Vatiiva A/T tires, tinted fronts, flowmaster 50 SUV series,
hyedipin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
ukliberty
2003 KJ Liberty 

I dont think it will engage unless you are doing over 35mph. What I would say is if you want to maximise your gas mileage dont use it. It did a couple mpg less when I compared on the same journey.
ukliberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.