JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KJ Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   Cruise control dont work (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/cruise-control-dont-work-1533547/)

vincentblood024 06-07-2013 02:15 PM

Cruise control dont work

So my cruise control don't work on my 2005 jeep liberty crd and so far I have replaced the clockspring and no good still don't work and theres still no light coming on the dash ive traced the wires the best I can from the steering wheel and can find any breaks, is there a relay or fuse or something im missing I really would like to use the cruise control on this jeep sometime. If anyone has an Idea please let me know thank you Could the transmission output and input speed sensors cause this problem or possibly the instrument cluster being bad since the cruise light don't light up but everthing else works like the odometer and trip meter.

Billwill 06-08-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincentblood024 (Post 15532458)
So my cruise control don't work on my 2005 jeep liberty crd and so far I have replaced the clockspring and no good still don't work and theres still no light coming on the dash ive traced the wires the best I can from the steering wheel and can find any breaks, is there a relay or fuse or something im missing I really would like to use the cruise control on this jeep sometime. If anyone has an Idea please let me know thank you Could the transmission output and input speed sensors cause this problem or possibly the instrument cluster being bad since the cruise light don't light up but everthing else works like the odometer and trip meter.

Lots of things could be causing it not to work....the switches on the steering boss or a brake switch not working properly or a wiring problem.

Download the 2005 Service manual here...includes the wiring diagram and should give you an explanation of how the system works:;)

http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

vincentblood024 06-08-2013 02:11 PM

no the steering wheel things check out fine with a voltmeter, and all the brake lights and parking lights are on ive taken apart the dash to look at the backside of the instrument cluster but there were no bad wires from there to the firewall. Im still wondering if the instrument cluster itself can cause the light to not come on and the cruise to not work. Or something possibly at the transmission because i cant get the cruise to work at all. The light will also not come on when the accuator test is done its the only one on the instrument cluster besides the 4lo light.

Billwill 06-09-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincentblood024 (Post 15535812)
no the steering wheel things check out fine with a voltmeter, and all the brake lights and parking lights are on ive taken apart the dash to look at the backside of the instrument cluster but there were no bad wires from there to the firewall. Im still wondering if the instrument cluster itself can cause the light to not come on and the cruise to not work. Or something possibly at the transmission because i cant get the cruise to work at all. The light will also not come on when the accuator test is done its the only one on the instrument cluster besides the 4lo light.

There are actually three switches within the brake switch......only one of which is used to turn on the rear brake lights so the fact that your brake lights come on is meaningless.

If you look at the brake switch, pin 1 and pin 2 are normally open and close when the pedal is pushed...this is for the brake lamp.

Pin 3 Violet/White and pin 4 Violet/Yellow are used for the cruise control and should measure closed with the brake pedal off and should be open contact when the pedal is depressed.

Pins 5 and 6 are also normally closed and are used as a secondary brake switch signal and goes to the transmission so this may also have some effect.

This above information is from the 2006 KJ circuit diagrams...may be slightly different to the 2005 model so you need to download the correct diagrams and the manual should also give you a description of how cruise control works;)

vincentblood024 06-10-2013 04:35 PM

So switched out the brake light switch with a new one and still nothing is happening I know the the dash cruise light does work when you do the accuator test so I still cant figure out why it wont turn on at all the switches in the steering wheel are brand new, brand new clockspring, brand new brake light switch,brand new park light relay and still no cruise or light when I push the buttons the buttons are fine with a voltmeter but so was the brake light do the speed sensors on the transmission have to be working in order for the cruise to work I know that the speedometer works fine. Still at a loss as to what it could be this is the only problem with this jeep and ive fixed all the other problems on it but this one has me stumped if anyone knows of anything that might help I would appericate it

NotSoMelloYello 06-10-2013 04:43 PM

I had a similar problem in my TJ. There was a vacuum line disconnected from the block. Might want to check that out first.

vincentblood024 06-10-2013 05:33 PM

from what I can tell the cruise on a the diesel is all electronic controlled. This is a very tough problem to figure out lol

NotSoMelloYello 06-10-2013 07:56 PM

The actuator is electronic too? I've never worked on a diesel before but any car I've ever worked on the cruise control was actuated via vacuum

vincentblood024 06-11-2013 12:33 AM

I cant seem to find a servo of any kind on it. I looked for any broken or none hookeup hoses didn't find any all in good shape. still wondering if there is a control through the throttle because it has a wiring harness coming into it just like the brake switch does, but not sure could maybe be a wire on top the tranny I cant see in the wire loom not sure. This thing has been a pain to try and figure out. Not many people say they know much about the diesel everyone knows the 3.7l lol.

Billwill 06-11-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincentblood024 (Post 15546000)
I cant seem to find a servo of any kind on it. I looked for any broken or none hookeup hoses didn't find any all in good shape. still wondering if there is a control through the throttle because it has a wiring harness coming into it just like the brake switch does, but not sure could maybe be a wire on top the tranny I cant see in the wire loom not sure. This thing has been a pain to try and figure out. Not many people say they know much about the diesel everyone knows the 3.7l lol.

Best place for CRD problems is the CRD section ("Love That Torque") at:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum

The time now is 09:42 AM.