CRD MPG and Towing Capacity - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > CRD MPG and Towing Capacity

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-04-2009, 06:31 AM   #16
crdbernie
2005 KJ Liberty 

My mileage has been inconsistent since I purchased my 2005 CRD in July. On its cross-country journey from ME to CO, I averaged between 17-22 MPG with skis and a bike on top, trying to average 78 MPH east of the Missouri River and 83 in NE and CO. Here at altitude (5400 feet), my most recent tank netted me 304 miles of pure city driving and quite a few cold starts (multiple cold days off). As I increase my distances this spring, I'm expecting to get closer to the 20 MPG I was experiencing with a 60/40 city/highway driving ratio. I consider 400 miles per tank a good yield.

A few other notes, I have noticed a decrease in fuel efficiency since the introduction of ULSD. My previous vehicle was a 2005 VW Jetta TDI Wagon (which I literally tore apart in ME, hence the Jeep), and its economy suffered after the introduction of ULSD. Also, our warranties limit us to B5 bio, correct? Here in CO, B20 is the standard retail blend, but I got a bit of flack from VW for using it in my Jetta. Any experiences with Jeep "towing" the official company line in regard to bio-percentage?

Thanks! I just found this forum, this is my first post and I'm very excited to keep reading!!

crdbernie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #17
Ih8ford
2004 KJ Liberty 

i'm a truck driver, and also seen a big drop in mpg since ulsd.
it's also partly due to emission controls, sucking more fuel to have better tailpipe emmisions, just dont make sense to me.
Ih8ford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #18
Liberty_Bell
2005 KJ Liberty 

The secret to milage success with the little grunter is RPM's. Keep them under or around 1900 and you will get all you can with fuel milage. I get 24 city and 28-30 hwy using this method. When I sneak behind a trucker I can get 38 or so, but they don't like that much LOL. Keeping the air filter changed is a must as well.
Liberty_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #19
jebnmikki
2006 KJ Liberty 

how about the after market cold air intakes vs just a reusable filter? how do they affect fuel mileage on the crd? I know on my 350 6.0L with the bullydog Cold Air Intake and tuner I went from 12-13 city to 14-17 city if I keep my foot outta it. that said I am really sad that BG does not make a tuner for the CRD liberty even though they make one for the 3.7L gas version.
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #20
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

22 around town up to 30 on the road. The little beast will tow more then it weighs for sure, LOL.. I've had more then one person tell me "no way" I just smile and drive away I know what the law is and what the jeep is rated for, but out in the field and woods if 1 trip will get you done, your doneOilburner
Unread 11-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #21
maineac1960

im considering purchasing one can they be used to plow snow with?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.