JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KJ Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   CRD lift question (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/crd-lift-question-2395985/)

TheBrandyMan 05-08-2014 12:20 PM

CRD lift question

Hey guys, i've been reading the forums for a while but just signed up today.

I have an 05 Liberty CRD and Im looking at getting a lift for it. I know the issue with the diesel only comes in the front because it is much heavier.
Ive read that with too much lift the CV axles will wear quickly but how much lift can you have before they start to wear?
Also, can you use rear coil springs and shocks from a different 05 Liberty lift kit and only get special front components? Thanks!

brendanc 05-08-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBrandyMan (Post 22763281)
Hey guys, i've been reading the forums for a while but just signed up today.

I have an 05 Liberty CRD and Im looking at getting a lift for it. I know the issue with the diesel only comes in the front because it is much heavier.
Ive read that with too much lift the CV axles will wear quickly but how much lift can you have before they start to wear?
Also, can you use rear coil springs and shocks from a different 05 Liberty lift kit and only get special front components? Thanks!

If you read around, most people will suggest just getting a whole kit or you will be redoing stuff you didnt have to.

Go here: http://jeepinbyal.com/jeep-liberty-k...ft-kit-kj.html

The 1.5" rating is for insurance reasons in Australia. The OME 1.5" kit is more like 2.25" or 2.5".

Mark the options you need. I would strongly suggest getting Al's A Arms as well. Medium strength springs will be fine unless you do a lot of towing.

If you get one of Al's lift kits (also on that site) then you can go up to 4" with the cut CVs. 6" requires a cradle drop, and honestly if you're going to do 6" you might as well do SFA... but be prepared to shell $$$$$ out for it.

95BadBoy 05-08-2014 05:56 PM

Get the OME lift for the CRD / or just do the Frankenlift. You will see 2.25 to 2.5" of lift approximately. Pound your pinch welds in the rear of the front wheel wells. You can't lift the CRD's as far as the gassers without running into some issues.

It does work quite well with these little tractors. :) Very sure footed, couldn't be happier. There is a DYI in the sticky's up top on a 05 CRD Frankinlift install...

TheBrandyMan 05-09-2014 08:23 AM

Thanks! I had read about the frankenlifts and such I was just wondering because my friend has a lift from a gasser that I was wondering if i could salvage some parts from

95BadBoy 05-09-2014 06:16 PM

Maybe you could some pieces. The front on the CRD uses a stiffer coil in the front - over the gas one. The rears should be the same as in the gasser - but I don't have one of those, so one of the members here should chime in to confirm that or not.

tommudd 05-09-2014 08:31 PM

Rear springs and shocks are the same gasser or CRD
You can use the 927s which we use on the gassers but I would go with the 790s in front, they are made for the CRD with aftermarket bumpers etc. Rated at 500 lb, not too still though as I have ran them on a gasser with an ARB etc

oilbuner 05-11-2014 10:18 PM

Welcome to the forum.:tea: All the lifts talked about are good stuff. The CRD is a great Jeep to build. I went with JBA and still think its the best for IFS, however I have moved on to a SFA. The CRD with a 2.5-4" lift has more then enough power to turn any tire that will fit on an IFS suspension and still get good MPG's. If you have the $ to set your Jeep up, you will be happy by doing it. Don't forget about the brake line extensions if you get above 2.5". You can cut down your own CV axles and save$$$, or buy some Reel Good harden steel CV's already cut but they are Pricy. :2thumbsup:.

TheBrandyMan 05-13-2014 01:49 PM

I ended up getting 3in lift, OME pre assembled front struts and RRO rear hydro shocks and springs. Thanks for the help!

tjkj2002 05-13-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBrandyMan (Post 22881233)
I ended up getting 3in lift, OME pre assembled front struts and RRO rear hydro shocks and springs. Thanks for the help!

Good luck,your going to need it with rro products.Have quality parts on hand when the rro stuff fails.

The time now is 12:08 AM.