Crankcase Breather Filter Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Crankcase Breather Filter Replacement

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
steveog8
2005 KJ Liberty 

Crankcase Breather Filter Replacement

This seems so stupid but I've gotta ask. Is there a specific type of crankcase breather filter/element for a 2005 3.7 engine?
It's the small foam piece about 2inch by 1 inch in the air box.
I've got 50k miles and thought I'd just replace it but I can't find a part number. Can anyone point me towards a suitable replacement?
Thanks.

Steve.

steveog8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
Zack87
2005 KJ Liberty 

Plus 1.....I need the exact same thing!
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

Does anyone know the answer to this? I thought about just cutting a regular sponge to the right size.
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
LibertyTC
2004 KJ Liberty 

Ha Ha.. known as Mr. Sponge Bob...
I am sure the dealer probably has a replacement however, you could cut a rectangular piece of PCV filter or even use Mr Sponge Bob cut to size.
If the original is in good condition but a bit dirty, use some ivory soap/fantastic mixture ... and warm water clean it & replace .
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
Powerslave
2006 KJ Liberty 

Cleaning it works so many times, before it eventually disintegrates. I use an oil catch can, which is a huge ford fuel filter in line with that hose. I don't have to worry about that anymore... My PCV system is wide open, so I use the catch, and I have virtually no positive crank case pressure.
Powerslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
steveog8
2005 KJ Liberty 

I just ended up going to the auto store and buying a new crankcase filter for a different vehicle that seemed to be the closest in type of foam density and cut it to fit. When I asked the tech at the dealer about buying a replacement he said my engine didn't have one.

steve.
steveog8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
Bartstarrr

Same Problem

I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty 3.7L. I also need to change this filter since it fell apart. Anyone find out if there is a part number for this?
Bartstarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #8
hckrach
2005 KJ Liberty 

I know this is a big time bump, but has anyone ever found a legit replacement part for this? I can rig something else, but my first preference is to find a replacement part
hckrach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #9
Bnova
2006 KJ Liberty 

I've seen someone on the forum here say they found one at like Autozone or something like that.

My local parts house didn't have one so I bought the one that fits into the 1975 chev 350 aircleaner and pulled the white mesh out of the plastic holder it comes with, folded it in half and it fits just right into the Liberty filter slot.
Bnova is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.