coolant flush - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > coolant flush

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 05-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Timotb
2005 KJ Liberty 

coolant flush

My 05 Liberty has 135k and I bet it never had a radiator flush. Looking on the bottom of the radiator left side I see what looks like a knob of some kind. It doesn't turn with finger strength. Is this the petcock valve? If so, its not like the petcock valves I remember.

Or is there even a petcock valve? I notice newer vehicles don't make it easy to flush the radiator by not providing a drain. What do these manufacturers expect us to do? ...besides buy a new car

Timotb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotb View Post
My 05 Liberty has 135k and I bet it never had a radiator flush. Looking on the bottom of the radiator left side I see what looks like a knob of some kind. It doesn't turn with finger strength. Is this the petcock valve? If so, its not like the petcock valves I remember.

Or is there even a petcock valve? I notice newer vehicles don't make it easy to flush the radiator by not providing a drain. What do these manufacturers expect us to do? ...besides buy a new car
They want you to go to the dealer and make you pay outrageous prices for a flush.

As far as a drainage valve goes I know my '03 has one but alot of people don't like using it since it has the chance of not sealing correctly and leaking
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueKJ View Post
They want you to go to the dealer and make you pay outrageous prices for a flush.

As far as a drainage valve goes I know my '03 has one but alot of people don't like using it since it has the chance of not sealing correctly and leaking
^^yeah, I got the HOAT G05 and was ready to do mine and when I started looking at the rad drain it was plastic and wouldn't budge (mine is an 05 MY) and I just knew I would probably break it or it wouldn't seal right after I messed with it so I checked with a local shop about a flush with HOAT replacement. I didn't want to have to replace the radiator too if I broke it. I knew the shop had a flush/fill machine and could do it without disconnecting anything so I had them do it. I watched them and it only took a few minutes and they used the HOAT and it was around $99 I think if I remember right. I usually always do my own work on the jeep but this one shop up the street is pretty good so I was glad I brought it up there.

Just my experience anyway.

Dave

War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.