Code P0654 and P1276 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Code P0654 and P1276

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #1
Clannad48
2004 KJ Liberty 

Code P0654 and P1276

Ok, so having followed the advice from the forum on obtaining the error codes for my 2005 Jeep (Cherokee in the UK) I have found the following codes come up

P0654 Engine RPM Output Circuit Malfunction
P1276 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Circuit Performance

So as a total noob can someone please tell me what I am looking at - is this something to worry about - please bear in mind that as a mere female I will probably have to take this to a local garage if it needs sorting.

Many thanks

Clannad48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
Clannad48
2004 KJ Liberty 

Anyone
Unread 05-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Yeah your going to have someone look at it unless you have the correct scan tool to access that data.
Unread 05-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clannad48 View Post
Anyone
Not 100% but, did a quick Google from some over the pond postings.

As the CRD was not available in the US until "05", the info found - P1276 pointed to a glow plug issue. The P1684 was stated that the PCM memory has been cleared out or that no trouble code was present at the time of scan. Very little help, I know.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2014, 01:52 AM   #5
Clannad48
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
Not 100% but, did a quick Google from some over the pond postings.

As the CRD was not available in the US until "05", the info found - P1276 pointed to a glow plug issue. The P1684 was stated that the PCM memory has been cleared out or that no trouble code was present at the time of scan. Very little help, I know.
In the UK the car is badged as a Cherokee but it seems that if I want any info I have to look at the US Liberty

Thanks, I've also done some research, the P1276 seems to relate to a sensor on the transmission (automatic). As I had an issue with the transmission last year which required replacement and is still under warranty I shall see if this is covered by this warranty.

Unfortunately the other code is P0654 not P1684 and relates to the accelerator pedal sensor. I am hoping that this will also relate to the transmission replacement.

I love this car but it just seems one expensive thing after another goes wrong
Unread 05-27-2014, 02:57 AM   #6
Clannad48
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clannad48 View Post
In the UK the car is badged as a Cherokee but it seems that if I want any info I have to look at the US Liberty

Thanks, I've also done some research, the P0654 (not P1684) seems to relate to a sensor on the transmission (automatic). As I had an issue with the transmission last year which required replacement and is still under warranty I shall see if this is covered by this warranty.

Unfortunately the other code P1276 relates to the accelerator pedal sensor. I am hoping that this will also relate to the transmission replacement.

I love this car but it just seems one expensive thing after another goes wrong
Sorry I got the numbers the wrong way round, this is the correct information
Unread 05-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #7
Clannad48
2004 KJ Liberty 

OK Peeps I took the car into the garage that did the replacement transmission last year.

They have checked it over and replaced the RPM sensor - the check engine light is no longer on and the car runs smoother.

Now the shock it came to a total of 36 - $60 for you in the USA and that included tax.

The stealership quoted a lot more than that for just checking the codes, without the part and labour.

I love a friendly no nonsense garage mechanic
Unread 05-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

Good Job
Unread 05-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #9
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear things are working and no more lights ! That was a decent price for the sensor installed.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.