Code P0302 - 3.7L V6 - Where is Cylinder #2? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Code P0302 - 3.7L V6 - Where is Cylinder #2?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Reply
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #16
bb154
Registered User
2006 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke_o View Post
What did they say was wrong?
They told me that cylinder 3 was imperfect(small scrape on cylinder wall) which was causing the loss in pressure. they replaced the intake valves, both heads and cylinder #3. I am not all that savvy when it comes to the mechanics of a combustion engine so they did other stuff as well but I don't really know what, just happy that my Jeep is now running like it should. I am the 3rd owner of this Liberty and both previous owners also tried to get the issue solved, only took 4 years, 97000 km, about 800 $$ in needless repairs and countless visits and phone calls to the dealer, personally I think that they just got sick of me.

bb154 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #17
coke_o
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb154 View Post
They told me that cylinder 3 was imperfect(small scrape on cylinder wall) which was causing the loss in pressure. they replaced the intake valves, both heads and cylinder #3. I am not all that savvy when it comes to the mechanics of a combustion engine so they did other stuff as well but I don't really know what, just happy that my Jeep is now running like it should. I am the 3rd owner of this Liberty and both previous owners also tried to get the issue solved, only took 4 years, 97000 km, about 800 $$ in needless repairs and countless visits and phone calls to the dealer, personally I think that they just got sick of me.
Well I sure do appreciate the info. In have a bad feeling it is going to be something expensive. I'm taking it to a shop this weekend.
coke_o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #18
bb154
Registered User
2006 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke_o View Post
Well I sure do appreciate the info. In have a bad feeling it is going to be something expensive. I'm taking it to a shop this weekend.
I don't know if the recalls work out of warrenty but I would try that route. good luck!!
bb154 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #19
coke_o
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb154 View Post
I don't know if the recalls work out of warrenty but I would try that route. good luck!!
Thanks
coke_o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.