Clicking noise underneath Jeep Liberty 2003 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Clicking noise underneath Jeep Liberty 2003

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
sharhack

Clicking noise underneath Jeep Liberty 2003

I have a clicking noise underneath on my Jeep Liberty. It has been there since I used 4 wheel drive this winter. This may be the connection. The Part Time light on the dash keeps blinking on and off. I can only hear the clicking when I am starting out or slowing down. When I push down on the 4wheel drive shifter, it will go off. It acts as if the shifter is not locked in 2 wheel drive. HELP! The noise is bothering me. I am afraid it is something serious.

sharhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 08:46 AM   #2
LandRovering

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharhack
When I push down on the 4wheel drive shifter, it will go off. It acts as if the shifter is not locked in 2 wheel drive. HELP! The noise is bothering me. I am afraid it is something serious.
so is your shift handle not going down the whole way? or do you just mean you can push down further and then the light turns off?

bad sensor possibly. been happening to a lot of people it seems.
LandRovering is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
sharhack

Clicking noise

Will a new sensor take care of the clicking noise underneath the Jeep or just the light?
sharhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
CG_Doc
2003 KJ Liberty 

I looked that up in another forum, and they told me that it is the case transfer switch being disconnected as the reason why the part time light is on when you are in normal drive and goes off when you pull into 4WD.
CG_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.