Check Engine Light- Code PO442 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Check Engine Light- Code PO442

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
Steven73

Check Engine Light- Code PO442

2003 Liberty 3.7L.....check engine light went on this morning, and stayed on while vehicle was running. Jeep runs fine. I manually retrieved the code PO442. After I got the code, I disconnected the battery, and the check engine light went out. I drove it around some, and as of yet, it has not come back on. Would appreciate comments, suggestions, and if possible, the meaning of PO442. Thanks in advance.

Steven73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Steven73

problem solved at least for now

I took the gas cap off, and made sure to seat it real firmly. Then i disconnected the negative cable of the battery for about a minute, reconnected it, started the engine, and the check engine light went out. After driving for about 30 miles, it's still out, so I'm hoping I solved my own problem.
Unread 01-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
jp7794
2006 KJ Liberty 

More info here.
jp7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
Steven73

light back on

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7794 View Post
More info here.
the check engine light came back on this morning, so i figure I either have to replace the gas cap, or there's a leak somewhere. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for any leak.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.