Check Engine Evap Sensor '03 3.7L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Check Engine Evap Sensor '03 3.7L

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 01-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
Redrum257

Check Engine Evap Sensor '03 3.7L

Can someone give me a good checklist to go through when clearing up this code. I had it checked at autozone and of course forgot the exact code. Its definitely the evap emissions causing the light to come on. Not the cap as I made sure it was securely on by rotating several clicks. I noticed that the check engine light goes out if I fill the tank. Only when the level gets below half that the light comes back on.

Redrum257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

The best way(and most times the only way) to properly diag a EVAP system is by having a smoke test done at a shop.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.