Change Spark Plugs on an 02-07 Jeep Liberty KJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Change Spark Plugs on an 02-07 Jeep Liberty KJ

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
jp7794
2006 KJ Liberty 

Change Spark Plugs on an 02-07 Jeep Liberty KJ

YouTube - How To CHANGE SPARK PLUGS 02-07 Jeep Liberty 3.7L

EDIT: Thanks for the props but I found this on YouTube. There are four KJ videos. Just do a search for satchelmcqueenvideo.

Last edited by jp7794; 11-20-2010 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: Giving credit where credit is due.
jp7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

this was amazing..... i laughed the whole time
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #3
journeyjim

2006 KJ Liberty 

That was entertaining at the least, did you do the other five?
journeyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
PNW05KJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Very helpful You may want to include a piece on how rotten the back plug on the passenger side is to get out. Took me 20 minutes to get the right combination of extensions and finally got it out. Did not want to take the coolant tank off to do it.
PNW05KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
Jeepson33s
2003 TJ Wrangler 

coolant tank is only 2 screws...it slides out and put it to the side. What is hard about that?
Jeepson33s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
PNW05KJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepson33s View Post
coolant tank is only 2 screws...it slides out and put it to the side. What is hard about that?
The football game was starting in 20 min. Nuf Said...
PNW05KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
Durango_USMC
2002 KJ Liberty 

I should do mine soon...
Durango_USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
Krohn
2005 KJ Liberty 

I just want to voice my thanks. I came to this website specifically looking to learn how to change my spark-plugs and there was my answer at the top of the page. I'm glad I found these forums, just learning to maintain my vehicle myself, and it looks like these will be a great help. I hope you put up more maintenance videos soon.
Krohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
AndyTee
2002 KJ Liberty 

Very good - I must admit I havn't even looked for the plugs on my KJ and without watching this guess I wouldn't have found them. Thanks for that

AndyT
AndyTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #10
HialeahAngler

this reminds me, I need to change the spark plugs on my wheels and windshield pronto!
HialeahAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #11
LibertyOrDeath
2005 KJ Liberty 

thanks! any plug recommendations, gas mileage poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krohn View Post
I just want to voice my thanks. I came to this website specifically looking to learn how to change my spark-plugs and there was my answer at the top of the page. I'm glad I found these forums, just learning to maintain my vehicle myself, and it looks like these will be a great help. I hope you put up more maintenance videos soon.
well said; I have a corvette which is a plug nightmare, I was going to just run to the store to grab some plugs today thinking I could do the wife's liberty in about 15 minutes. Oops, not. Any plug recommendations? I figuring to buy bosch or autolite platinums, about $5 each.

She barely gets 300 miles running the tank to empty 17-18 gals though she does very little highwahy. My vette does better!

It almost 90k miles and granted it's a heavy car.
LibertyOrDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #12
blk00rt
2007 KJ Liberty 

for plugs go with the factory NGK, you will have problems if not. I tried E3 and they lasted 4k miles before fouling out. pulled them out and they looked terrible...others have had problems too with other plugs.
blk00rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 07:37 AM   #13
LibertyOrDeath
2005 KJ Liberty 

NGK, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk00rt View Post
for plugs go with the factory NGK, you will have problems if not. I tried E3 and they lasted 4k miles before fouling out. pulled them out and they looked terrible...others have had problems too with other plugs.
Interesting - well thanks, I got Bosch but I'll take them back, nothing like real experience.

Struggling with the PCV, that thing doesn't want to just pull out. I think maybe it needs to be spun counterclockwise I read here somewhere, I'll look back at that.
Unread 01-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #14
jp7794
2006 KJ Liberty 

I use Bosch Platinum (just the regular ones not E3 or E4) and they have worked fine. You do need to change these every 30K. For some reason the 3.7L is hard on plugs.

The PCV valve does require a quarter turn and pull out. Kind of like a twist lock electrical plug. I believe down, but if I'm wrong I'm not buying you a new one.
jp7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
LibertyOrDeath
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7794 View Post
I use Bosch Platinum (just the regular ones not E3 or E4) and they have worked fine. You do need to change these every 30K. For some reason the 3.7L is hard on plugs.

The PCV valve does require a quarter turn and pull out. Kind of like a twist lock electrical plug. I believe down, but if I'm wrong I'm not buying you a new one.
SO, the ole' taillight warranty on your advice eh?? Ha, well thanks much and I'll see exactly what plugs I ended up with, no sense looking for trouble.

On my wifes previous car, a Toyota, it had similar plugs mounted straight down in the engine with those extension tubes connecting. She picked it up from a shop after a tune up once, drove a few miles and heard a small explosion then some very loud noise till she turned it off. I rushed there, opened the hood.. the garage hadn't screwed one plug in except barely i guess, it worked loose and shot up into the hood, denting it and then ricocheting around for a bit.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.