A/C trouble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > A/C trouble

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Meg85
2003 KJ Liberty 

A/C trouble

Hey guys

UPDATE:

Well over this past week i got my Heat and A/C working properly. YAY!!

Just a recap on the problem i was having. The heat and A/c in my truck wasnt blowing Hot or Cold. No matter if i changed it to 1,2,3,4. The heat was barely warm and the A/C was dull.

I will post pictures of the parts and part numbers should anyone have the same problem as me.
I literally had to replace everything that tends to go bad. I replaced the T-stat, resistor(1,2,3 wasnt working), climate control knobs (wasnt necessary), actuator and half of the HVAC unit that comes with the doors.

My original doors were kind of beat up so they weren't rotating properly and the actuator itself that tuns the doors was barely rotating as well. I had my friend do the job. I gave him my truck in the early morning and he completely took it apart fairly quickly. He told me the parts i needed so it took a couple days to get them in. The job would of been done same day if i already had the parts.

I hope this helps any KJ owners

photogrid_1376014096252.jpg   photogrid_1376014138809.jpg  

Last edited by Meg85; 08-12-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Meg85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

There could be several issues, and you may have separate problems with the heat and a/c. Could have a blend door issue which controls the heat coming out of the vents. You didn't specify if your engine temperature is reaching operating range or not. Heater core could be plugged as well. Your a/c system may be full of air, and dumping a charge on top of that will not help. Compressor could have died.. lots of things.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
Meg85
2003 KJ Liberty 

The temp is fine i never over heat. What is blend door? I never heard of that b4.
Also my defrost DOES work(Really well) I have read on some post that A/C and defrost are kind of connected or something.
Unread 06-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Blend door controls the air flow into the heater core, and how hot the air is out of the vents. Defrost/defog relies on the a/c system to dry the air to reduce fogging up of the windows when its warm enough. If engine temp is in the middle of the gauge, coolant is full, then you may have a heater core restricted or plugged-for your heat issue. With the engine running and warmed up, turn on the heat on high. Check the heater hoses going to the fire wall. If one is noticeably cooler than the other one, heater core is plugged. A/c problems, you're going to need to take it to a shop and let them figure it out.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
Meg85
2003 KJ Liberty 

I am going to ask my friend if he can flush the heater core for me prior to going to the shop. Hopefully that fixes something. Thanks for your input. I will keep you posted.
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
Meg85
2003 KJ Liberty 

I need help getting Blend doors!!! I searched high and low dealers cant get them. I went on ebay,amazon, google a bunch of jeep sites. The only doors i ever see are for Cherokees..

I think this site has what i need but i ham horrible at understanding this stuff can someone help please... FACTORY CHRYSLER PARTS

Last edited by Meg85; 08-01-2013 at 09:24 AM..
Unread 08-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #7
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg85 View Post
I need help getting Blend doors!!! I searched high and low dealers cant get them. I went on ebay,amazon, google a bunch of jeep sites. The only doors i ever see are for Cherokees..

I think this site has what i need but i ham horrible at understanding this stuff can someone help please... FACTORY CHRYSLER PARTS

If you are getting excellent cool air out of the defrost vents but nowhere else then there is a good chance that the vacuum pipe that comes off the intake manifold and goes into the cabin has fallen off or is cracked.

The KJ uses a combination of an electrical blend door and vacuum assistance to move the vents around. My dealership knocked off the small vacuum hose going into the cabin after a service and all I had was cool air coming out of the defrost vents...I turned around and it took the dealer one minute to re-connect this small vacuum hose.
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
Meg85
2003 KJ Liberty 

Update read op

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.