A/C Transducer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > A/C Transducer

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
narnwv

2000 WJ 

A/C Transducer

Hey guys. Need a little help with this one.

My sister has a 2005 KJ. Her air quit working, and I told her to take it to a shop (as I didn't want to deal with it). They told her that the "transducer" was bad. I laughed, as I've never heard of a transducer. Well apparently, Jeep calls the pressure switches on the KJ "pressure sensor transducers".

I'm trying to get it fixed for her today. Any idea of which one it would be? High or low?

I believe there's a leak in the system, because she put a can of 134 in it, and it cooled fine for a day, then quit cooling. I hooked my manifold gauges up to it last night, and jumped the low pressure switch, and still couldn't get the compressor to turn--and the gauges just read zero.

Any help would be much appreciated!

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Thanks for the help!

To test for a leak, I pulled vacuum on the system and found a largish hole where the condenser has the welded on mount on the driver's side. I told her we needed to get a condenser, and we'd go from there.

Unread 07-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
narnwv

2000 WJ 

that's the plan. I dumped a can of 134 into it a month or so ago before she went on a trip. She came into Autozone while I happened to be there, and I didn't have my manifold gauges or vac pump with me. She bought the can with hose, and it took every bit of it. Once to her destination (3 hours) she didn't have cold, but it was still cool. That's when I told her it was a pretty large leak and to take it somewhere. My guess is they probably tried to rip her off, as they should've at least pulled vacuum first and heard the leak right? I don't know. I told her it was probably just the condenser that needed replaced, as where the crack is, it would be too hard to tell if JB weld or something like that would last.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.