Broken Connector For Oil Pressure Sending Unit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Broken Connector For Oil Pressure Sending Unit

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 11-30-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
emac12
2005 KJ Liberty 

Broken Connector For Oil Pressure Sending Unit

I am having a problem removing my connector for the oil pressure sending unit on my 2005 2.4 Liberty. I decided to give this a try after my oil light showed up once for about 10 seconds and went away after startup. I have not seen the light since that one instance...

After removing the red tab I thought I was free and clear, but no luck. As I tried to push in the connector pin, it did not budge. I assumed that I needed to pry away from the connector, and I snapped off the bracket. Any help in removing this connector would be much appreciated!

Here is a picture of the connector; http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcs..._alt1_larg.jpg

BTW, I have had a very frustrating time finding information for this Jeep; it seems like all of the information/repair guides are for the 3.7. On a related note, I still cannot find anything that confirms the number and placement of 02 sensors for this engine. I could only find two on the exhaust.

This is my first post, so please be gentle! I tried searching the forum, but could not find an answer to this question.

emac12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emac12 View Post
I am having a problem removing my connector for the oil pressure sending unit on my 2005 2.4 Liberty. I decided to give this a try after my oil light showed up once for about 10 seconds and went away after startup. I have not seen the light since that one instance...

After removing the red tab I thought I was free and clear, but no luck. As I tried to push in the connector pin, it did not budge. I assumed that I needed to pry away from the connector, and I snapped off the bracket. Any help in removing this connector would be much appreciated!

Here is a picture of the connector; http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcs..._alt1_larg.jpg

BTW, I have had a very frustrating time finding information for this Jeep; it seems like all of the information/repair guides are for the 3.7. On a related note, I still cannot find anything that confirms the number and placement of 02 sensors for this engine. I could only find two on the exhaust.

This is my first post, so please be gentle! I tried searching the forum, but could not find an answer to this question.
If the red tap is pulled out then you should be able to press down on the lever on the plug and pull it off, assume same ones on the 3.7 and yours.
As far as the O2 sensors you would have one before and one after the catalytic converter. On the 3.7 of course there are two per side so 4 total, yours being 4 cylinder only two
Unread 11-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #3
emac12
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
If the red tap is pulled out then you should be able to press down on the lever on the plug and pull it off, assume same ones on the 3.7 and yours.
As far as the O2 sensors you would have one before and one after the catalytic converter. On the 3.7 of course there are two per side so 4 total, yours being 4 cylinder only two
Thanks for the reply! I got the red tab out, but I broke the lever by prying it the wrong way... How can I remove it at this point?
emac12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #4
Liberty03

That lever you broke off by prying up instead of pushing down releases a plastic piece that kinda hooks on the other side of the connector. The only way I could see you removing it now is by using a small screwdriver (like the tiny ones for eyeglass repair) to pry that "hooked" piece of plastic so that it clears the stop. Depending on how much of the lever is still there, you might be able to use some lock pliers to see if you can get the lever to pivot enough to clear the stop.

However since I have not personally changed the particular sensor unit I don't know how much space you have to work with.

Hope this helps.
Best of luck
Liberty03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.