Blower problems :( - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Blower problems :(

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 04-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
blakeKJ
2006 KJ Liberty 

Blower problems :(

Hey everyone,

I've done searches and read threads but none match my problems with my blower.

Symptoms: blows cold and hot air, on all speeds and modes.
A/C is ice cold. Sounds perfect right?

What seems to be randomly, the vent door seems to shut? On its own. You can hear the motor blowing on all speeds. And very slightly feel it seeping through defrost. More on the passenger side than driver.
Even changing from mode to mode, you can hear it change but, no air is coming through.

Very dangerous because the condensation freezes in the winter and Ices the windshield!!!
And my driver window regulator was broken until a month ago. When I changed it my self (2/4)

So, any suggestions?

Cheers

blakeKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeKJ View Post
Hey everyone,

I've done searches and read threads but none match my problems with my blower.

Symptoms: blows cold and hot air, on all speeds and modes.
A/C is ice cold. Sounds perfect right?

What seems to be randomly, the vent door seems to shut? On its own. You can hear the motor blowing on all speeds. And very slightly feel it seeping through defrost. More on the passenger side than driver.
Even changing from mode to mode, you can hear it change but, no air is coming through.

Very dangerous because the condensation freezes in the winter and Ices the windshield!!!
And my driver window regulator was broken until a month ago. When I changed it my self (2/4)

So, any suggestions?

Cheers
The air flow is controlled by the Blend Door which is a small motor and by vanes moved by vacuum control.

You can check that the vacuum pipe from the inlet manifold going into the cabin is connected properly to the whole vane setup which is located under the dash and you can test the Blend Door operation as well.

Download the 2006 KJ Service Manuals here for information on how the system works:

http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Driving in heavy winds when this does this?

If yes then pretty normal for a KJ as the wind will be entering the fresh air duct to fast if your driving into the wind and the vacuum actuators are on the weak side to maintain the correct mode setting.
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
blakeKJ
2006 KJ Liberty 

No, even when I'm parked.

But once it stops working it doesn't work again until it's parked for a while. I've had the car for 3 years. It's a new problem I know that....
blakeKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.