Blower Motor Resistor - AAARGH! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Blower Motor Resistor - AAARGH!

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
toaster61

Blower Motor Resistor - AAARGH!

So the blower was only working on settings 3 & 4 and I'd read up how this was common etc. I sourced a replacement BMR thru ebay which seems to be a genuine chrysler part and just fitted it. Pretty easy job which is just as well as now the blower only works on setting #4. It's seated all OK and screwed/clipped in placed.

Before I start moaning to the vendor, is there anything else that could case this problem - the fact that the problem is difefernt (though worse!) now suggest it was the BMR all along doesn't it?

T (in the UK)

toaster61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
2007LIB
2007 KJ Liberty 

Hey toaster, had the same problem..... First it worked on 2,3, &4.. then 3,&4 and then just 4....
4 is the default that bypasses all the resistors and has a direct connection to the fuse box.
I went to the Chrysler dealer and bought a new one with the one year warranty. It cost me less than $30.00 can.
has been working ever since.
2007LIB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Most guys fit the resistor block from the Chrysler Sebring up to 2005....fits perfectly but is a lot more robust....or else get the Jeep OEM part!
Unread 09-25-2013, 05:07 AM   #4
toaster61

Thanks - I'm still rather baffled that the new unit could apparently be totally faulty and whether there is some other issue. I prob should refit the old one and see what happens (though I was quite rough getting it out). WIll consider the Sebring option but that model never took on here in the UK (crap reviews) so unlikely I'll find parts.

Cheers,
T
toaster61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster61 View Post
Thanks - I'm still rather baffled that the new unit could apparently be totally faulty and whether there is some other issue. I prob should refit the old one and see what happens (though I was quite rough getting it out). WIll consider the Sebring option but that model never took on here in the UK (crap reviews) so unlikely I'll find parts.

Cheers,
T

The Sebring was never sold here in SA so I would have to go OEM if needed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.