Blower motor/ac - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Blower motor/ac

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
khrystid
2006 KJ Liberty 

Blower motor/ac

Hi! I had the blower replaced twice since the recall. After the second time, I was driving on the highway at a fast rate if speed with my air conditioner on for a couple of hours (we were traveling) and we heard a loud pop/grinding noise, then smelled something burning, then the blower motor fell out of the passenger side dashboard onto the feet of my passenger (thankfully no injuries!), and of course the ac was no longer working and made an awful noise so we turned the climate control completely off (thankfully we were on our way home and almost there!). Once home I took the jeep into the dealership the next day and they put the blower motor back where it belonged. However, this was in the fall when I didn't need to use my ac once I was back home so I didn't think to check to see if it was functioning properly. Now that spring/summer is on the way I've noticed that the ac isn't cooling like it should and like it did when the blower motor fell out. Could the blower motor falling out like it did cause some damage to my ac system since it was on when it happened? Could it have caused any problems to the system? Also, the mode controls have not been functioning correctly since they did the repair since the air doesn't blow correctly on the bi level setting. I appreciate any thoughts on my problem!

khrystid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.