Blinking AUTO sunroof button - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Blinking AUTO sunroof button

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
lazychris2000

Blinking AUTO sunroof button

I have a 2007 Liberty Sport, which has been running just fine for me. Wednesday, after work, I replaced the battery in the parking lot, drove home, and when I tried to close the sunroof I noticed the AUTO light was flashing red and green. The other 3 lights are solid green, like they always are, but the AUTO flashes between red and green probably once or twice per second. The close button also didn't work, so I had to use the vent button to close it. The sunroof was working fine all day and has never given me any problems, and the problem only started after I replaced the battery, but I can't figure out how that would change anything with the sunroof controls. If it helps at all, everything is stock equipment, except the battery, which is now a red top Optima.
I have the standard lights+sunroof console (not an OTIS or EVIC.....yet). I have read thru the owners manual a few times, but it doesn't mention anything about this, so I don't think it is a security feature or anything like that. Google has been equally unhelpful, so I am hoping one of you guys can help me out.

lazychris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
lazychris2000

Update: After searching everywhere, talking to a few local mechanics and talking to the service guys at the stealership (who won't even take a look at it without $100 to diagnose it plus whatever parts/labor go into fixing it), I decided to just start pushing buttons and see what happens.
I held the AUTO button for 5 or 10 seconds. When nothing happened, I held close for a few seconds. Nothing, so I moved on to open. Of course, it opened. After realizing what I just did (the close button didn't work, remember) and kicking myself for opening a sunroof that has a nonfunctional close button, I hit close--for ****s and giggles. HOLY CRAP! It closed! The AUTO button quit blinking, too!

TLDR: Open the sunroof all the way, then close it. That's how I fixed the problem on my Liberty.
lazychris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 , battery , liberty , sunroof switch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.