Blinking AUTO sunroof button - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Blinking AUTO sunroof button

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
lazychris2000

Blinking AUTO sunroof button

I have a 2007 Liberty Sport, which has been running just fine for me. Wednesday, after work, I replaced the battery in the parking lot, drove home, and when I tried to close the sunroof I noticed the AUTO light was flashing red and green. The other 3 lights are solid green, like they always are, but the AUTO flashes between red and green probably once or twice per second. The close button also didn't work, so I had to use the vent button to close it. The sunroof was working fine all day and has never given me any problems, and the problem only started after I replaced the battery, but I can't figure out how that would change anything with the sunroof controls. If it helps at all, everything is stock equipment, except the battery, which is now a red top Optima.
I have the standard lights+sunroof console (not an OTIS or EVIC.....yet). I have read thru the owners manual a few times, but it doesn't mention anything about this, so I don't think it is a security feature or anything like that. Google has been equally unhelpful, so I am hoping one of you guys can help me out.

lazychris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
lazychris2000

Update: After searching everywhere, talking to a few local mechanics and talking to the service guys at the stealership (who won't even take a look at it without $100 to diagnose it plus whatever parts/labor go into fixing it), I decided to just start pushing buttons and see what happens.
I held the AUTO button for 5 or 10 seconds. When nothing happened, I held close for a few seconds. Nothing, so I moved on to open. Of course, it opened. After realizing what I just did (the close button didn't work, remember) and kicking myself for opening a sunroof that has a nonfunctional close button, I hit close--for ****s and giggles. HOLY CRAP! It closed! The AUTO button quit blinking, too!

TLDR: Open the sunroof all the way, then close it. That's how I fixed the problem on my Liberty.
lazychris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2007 , battery , liberty , sunroof switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.