Bent skid from Mopar? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Bent skid from Mopar?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

Bent skid from Mopar?

I bought a Mopar skid online and once I got it, I thought it was bent because it didn't fit because part of it touched the back of the gas tank by the rear diff so I returned it. I recently got another from an entirely different company and it's shaped the same way... What am I doing wrong? Is that long side not bent, is it supposed to touch the gas tank? This is a picture of the new one...

second-skid.jpeg  
kaleo333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Be good to know where its touching at ( which area)
near the diff I know , but just one spot , all the way across or ??
Looks pretty normal but then I never ran a Mopar gas tank skid on mine only Kilby
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

The old one touched at only a small section on the back of the tank on the left side (by the driver side rear wheel). I'll try to refit the skid again tomorrow and take a picture
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #4
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

ok here are some pictures of the side that touches (by the diff). Is this ever going to be a problem?
imag0524_burst002.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.