BDS 2" lift.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > BDS 2" lift..

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 05-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
MoJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

BDS 2" lift..

Decent lift? I'm not looking for a top of the line lift or anything. My KJ is just a beater for me, not a long distance DD. I'm just wanting to lift be able fit 245/75/16.

My Jeep
MoJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Its decent BUT with it you still have to buy front shocks and the ones that come standard with it for the rear are cheap
For the money you'll spend on buying it, then upgrading shocks you're in the ball park of doing a Ironman or OME full spring kit
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
MoJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The way I read it you reuse your front shocks. Am I wrong?
My Jeep
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Not sure why you would want to reuse stock shocks
If over 40,000 or so they are ready to be replaced anyways
I replaced mine back in early 05 ( when I did my first lift) with 20,000 on them and they were done
Using stock shocks would only wear out the new springs faster since they would be the weak link in the suspension
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
MoJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Because it's a beater that won't see another 20,000 miles if that. My TJ hasn't seen 30K miles in 6 years. Now If I get it apart ant the shock is obviously shot, I'll replace it. I put cheap skyjackers on the TJ.. No complaints.
My Jeep

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.