Battery losing power after driving - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Battery losing power after driving

JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 04-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
robodiaz

Battery losing power after driving

After driving my car for about 45 minute on the highway I was at a stop light and my electronics started acting funny.

My radio and other lights in the car were powering off and then coming back on when I pressed the gas. I pulled into an Autozone to have the battery checked out. They tested it without disconnecting the battery.

Their machine said the battery was 100% but it was still reporting circuit problems. I'm going to pull out the battery and have them test it again and I'm guessing it's going to be good.

Someone suggested that there might be a drain in my circuit. Any other ideas on what might be wrong? I cleaned out my battery terminals about a month ago with baking soda and water but that shouldn't have done anything.

robodiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
teamfast
2007 KJ Liberty 

Maybe the connection you broke on the terminals isn't tight. Maybe a loose ground in the engine bay ?
teamfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
robodiaz

Thanks for the reply. I disconnected the battery and had the battery tested. It tested as a bad battery.
robodiaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery , circuit

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.