Ball Joint Recall - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Ball Joint Recall

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 11-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
webibeay
2004 KJ Liberty 

Ball Joint Recall

Hey Folks -

The Grand Cherokee finally died for good, so I just picked up a 2004 Liberty w/only 74k. Only concern is that the ball joints aren't right, and the dealer - while being upfront about it - after taking it to the local jeep dealer is telling me they're on national backorder and not sure when they'll come in.

Does this sound right? The dealer is stating that it's safe to drive since they're "not that bad".

Since I'm new to the Liberty.... is everyone dealing with this?

2012 Ford Fusion Sport
webibeay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Ball joint recall is old. I worked with one of the techs that likely did my balljoints back in the day. Said they went thru several rounds of balljoints, partially due to guys putting them in wrong, leading to premature failure. I would call around to the different dealers and ask for a price of balljoints, from the parts dept. That will clue you in as to whether they are backordered, or the dealer doesn't want the hassle. I find it odd that your kj is an '04 and they haven't been done yet.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
webibeay
2004 KJ Liberty 

Thanks, Good idea. Yes, both the ball joint and rear control arms are both pending - I know it's a 1 owner (local, was able to tell by the car-fax) but I guess from what I'm reading, this is a second one for the ball joints. First one was done.
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
webibeay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
donnie2002

I have a 2002 that hasn't been yet
donnie2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Bnova
2006 KJ Liberty 

In reference to recalls, can it be trusted to go to jeeps website, type in the VIN number in the recall section to see if there any outstanding recalls? I did this with mine and it turned up no recalls outstanding for my vehicle.
Bnova is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #6
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnova View Post
In reference to recalls, can it be trusted to go to jeeps website, type in the VIN number in the recall section to see if there any outstanding recalls? I did this with mine and it turned up no recalls outstanding for my vehicle.
Yes, this is supposed to be accurate.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #7
donnie2002

I have went there
donnie2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.