Auto locks Locking to soon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Auto locks Locking to soon

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Wittey
2006 KJ Liberty 

Auto locks Locking to soon

My wife's 06 liberty doors auto lock as soon as the doors are opened. And that makes it fun to try and shut the door.Also have Locked keys in it 4 different times. Can some one give me and idea what I could do to fix it? Thanks

Wittey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittey View Post
My wife's 06 liberty doors auto lock as soon as the doors are opened. And that makes it fun to try and shut the door.Also have Locked keys in it 4 different times. Can some one give me and idea what I could do to fix it? Thanks

If you have the "computer" mounted above the windscreen you can apparently program the door locks to do different things.
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Have an extra key hidden on the outside! lol
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #4
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

You may need to have the BCM re-programmed at a Dealer.

You may have a welded relay so you can first try swapping around some relays which are located on the rear of the Junction Block ie. remove the internal fuse panel and flip it over.

The relays you want to swap around are the "Relay Door Lock", "Relay Door Unlock Passenger" and "Relay Door Unlock Driver".....the diagram of the Junction Block has an error....the three relays sit on top of each other but one should be marked as "Relay Door Unlock Driver".

Swap these relays out with park, Horn, Fog lamp Relays for example.
img.jpg   img_0001.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.