auto locks in 2002 liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > auto locks in 2002 liberty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
noasad
2002 KJ Liberty 

auto locks in 2002 liberty

hi

whenever i get to a certain speed the doors lock automatically, then when i stop they dont automatically unlock. i put it in park , it stays locked. how can i change this function to automatically unlock when i stop and put it in park

thanks

noasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
Whites376
2006 KJ Liberty 

[QUOTE=noasad;5290448]hi

"whenever i get to a certain speed the doors lock automatically, then when i stop they dont automatically unlock. i put it in park , it stays locked. how can i change this function to automatically unlock when i stop and put it in park"

Anne: My '06 Libby does the same thing. I think this is just something it does. I think others have complained and suggested for improvement that the doors unlock upon exiting. If anyone knows how to correct this, please advise. Undoubtedly so, I do believe it is the way it is.
Whites376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
Jakked

It's because locking the doors when it gets up to speed is a safety feature.

Unlocking the doors when putting it into Park is not a safety feature (and is arguably unsafe, in fact).

I know you can reprogram the BCM to turn off the auto-lock feature, but I'm not sure if an auto-unlock feature even exists.

Just out of curiousity, why do you want it?
1986 Trooper 2.3L I-4 4x4 5-sp
Jakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #4
jeepjeepster

I can change all that in my Evic so if you dont have that, a dealer would prolly have to do it.
jeepjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
noasad
2002 KJ Liberty 

i want it because if you have kids put it in park get out to open the back seat from the outside to get the kids out of the car seat the door is locked
Unread 06-03-2008, 12:43 AM   #6
merlinTec

Quote:
Originally Posted by noasad View Post
i want it because if you have kids put it in park get out to open the back seat from the outside to get the kids out of the car seat the door is locked
Hi
This you can have auto door unlock can be turned on so it unlocks all the doors when you open a front door.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 06-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
ufatbastehd
2000 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Whites376;5291131]
Quote:
hi

"whenever i get to a certain speed the doors lock automatically, then when i stop they dont automatically unlock. i put it in park , it stays locked. how can i change this function to automatically unlock when i stop and put it in park"

Anne: My '06 Libby does the same thing. I think this is just something it does. I think others have complained and suggested for improvement that the doors unlock upon exiting. If anyone knows how to correct this, please advise. Undoubtedly so, I do believe it is the way it is.

Do you really want your doors to unlock every time you stop and put Jeep in park? I wouldn't.
ufatbastehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #8
noasad
2002 KJ Liberty 

???

of course i want it or i wouldnt have asked!!

anyways

merlin do you know how to do it?

thanks
Unread 06-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #9
stealthbob

I know how to lock/unlock my doors and want the choice....

These type of "Big brother knows best" nags really get under my skin.

This should be an option to change by the owner without having to explain oneself at the dealer.
stealthbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
merlinTec

Quote:
of course i want it or i wouldnt have asked!!

anyways

merlin do you know how to do it?

thanks
Hi
Yes it's a dealer set option in the BCM. So sorry you have to go get the dealer to turn it on.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 06-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #11
merlinTec

Hi
I must apologise I went to check today this is not an option on a 2002 vehicle. Sorry getting confused with newer vehicles. Guess you just have to press the unlock button on the door when you get out or have the rolling auto door locks turn off.
Regards,
Merlin

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.