anybody have ironman suspention setup? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > anybody have ironman suspention setup?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 07-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #16
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Looking at the wrong end of the clevis
To do a clevis lift you slid the shock up a little bit out of the clevis itself
in this picture you can see the conduit nuts that I installed for measurement , they don't hold anything just so both sides are the same

With a 3/8 inch inch top plate and a 1/4 inch clevis it will sit at 22 inches middle of wheel to bottom of flare
also the trim packers do not give you height in a way but increase spring rate which in turn will give you some height
with just the springs it should settle in to be a good 2 inch lift ( 21 middle of wheel to bottom of flare)
hope that helps some

Unread 07-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #17
jklanier84
2002 KJ Liberty 

Lol. Well, that explains a lot... yea, with engines I'm good, suspenSION (note correct spelling) not really my area of expertise.
Ok, so I could prolly go with the 5 or 10mm packers to achieve a level lift from this kit.

And you used the conduit nuts to space the strut upwards evenly then locked it down by tightening the bolt just blow those conduit nuts. Gotcha.
Unread 07-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
TwoBobsKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
...also the trim packers do not give you height in a way but increase spring rate which in turn will give you some height...
So Tom are the trim packers the same as the dreaded spacers in a Daystar kit? If I'm looking at your picks correctly it seems the trim packers are lower spring perches with a 10mm collar on the bottom which will compress the springs - thereby increasing the spring rate.

Thoughts?

Bob
- 3.7L, 42RLE, 4.10's, 4X Guard Trans skid, Factory Engine, T-case, Tank skids, Modded BoulderBars sliders, OME 927/948, Bilsteins, JBA A-Arms & 1/4" top plate, 1 extra rear iso/side, Moabs with Firestone Destination AT's 255/70-16
TwoBobsKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #19
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Nothing like the Daystar
The piece that the springs sits on comes off
Now you slid the trim packers down over the shock
then slid the lower spring mount back down over the shock
I guess I should of taken a picture since I've answered this question everywhere
never thought about it

Once the springs are installed on the shocks you can not see the TPs
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
jklanier84
2002 KJ Liberty 

Did you put the ironman setup on YOUR jeep? I ask because of the whole lowered/prelowered thing.
my kj was built 06-02 so im assuming i suffered the wrath of the car&driver dip$#!* who couldn't drive.

which brings up another question.... im sitting at 18" in the front and 19" in the rear from wheel well to center of rim... is this bad?
i know my struts are shot and im guessing im sagging like an old tired dog...
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #21
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklanier84 View Post
Did you put the ironman setup on YOUR jeep? I ask because of the whole lowered/prelowered thing.
my kj was built 06-02 so im assuming i suffered the wrath of the car&driver dip$#!* who couldn't drive.

which brings up another question.... im sitting at 18" in the front and 19" in the rear from wheel well to center of rim... is this bad?
i know my struts are shot and im guessing im sagging like an old tired dog...
When replacing springs it makes no difference if its an 02 or 07 all turn out the same height , springs were what they lowered
If you are at 18 then you have sagged about an inch and 3/4s , so I'm guessing the ride is not so good anymore
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #22
jklanier84
2002 KJ Liberty 

"Not so good anymore".... ROFL!!!!!!

I've had better rides in a shopping cart down a flight of stairs!

But seriously, I bottom out over everything.
Yea, I figured the sag was bad but wasn't sure where I was supposed to be sitting stock.

Again, thanks for everything tom!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.