Any fixes for blower motor vibration? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Any fixes for blower motor vibration?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Any fixes for blower motor vibration?

With the blower on 3 and especially 4, I'm getting an annoyingly loud vibration sound. I thought it might be crap trapped in the fan, but when I pulled the motor there was nothing. It seems to be just plain old vibration through the HVAC housing, because it stops if I push up on the blower motor when it's running.

Is there any fix for this? There are no mounting bolts to tighten on the blower because of course it's a twist-lock fit.

AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2014, 01:19 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR2 View Post
With the blower on 3 and especially 4, I'm getting an annoyingly loud vibration sound. I thought it might be crap trapped in the fan, but when I pulled the motor there was nothing. It seems to be just plain old vibration through the HVAC housing, because it stops if I push up on the blower motor when it's running.

Is there any fix for this? There are no mounting bolts to tighten on the blower because of course it's a twist-lock fit.
Never heard of this problem...the fan is probably out of balance.
Can you not try some foam rubber around it to cushion the assembly a bit?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.