Anoying rear glass (ready to smash it) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Anoying rear glass (ready to smash it)

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 07-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #16
NEKVT

bran new

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieWildcat View Post
I assume you've tried hosing the whole assembly down with a grease and dirt cleaner and blow-drying it out? I had this problem with the latch that held the whole back gate closed. Turned out that my dusty road finally got to it one day.
As i was saying above these are all bran new parts... no dirt at all

NEKVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
WillieWildcat
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEKVT View Post
As i was saying above these are all bran new parts... no dirt at all
Ah, missed that. Sorry.
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #18
NEKVT

no problem

no problem.... but man i have replaced everything.... all i can do is try shimming those hinges i guess....
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #19
NEKVT

just for giggles

I have literally pulled every fuse and checked it... but is there a specific fuse that is related to that damn latch?
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #20
afgd1
1984 CJ7 

U need to keep clean if worn out replace. Hinge on glass it the gasket that needs to be replaced ck tail gate so it's not hanging low on one side. Had to re adjust it on mine 2xs now
afgd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #21
NEKVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by afgd1 View Post
U need to keep clean if worn out replace. Hinge on glass it the gasket that needs to be replaced ck tail gate so it's not hanging low on one side. Had to re adjust it on mine 2xs now
I am sorry i dont understand..... its the hing on the glass? the gasket under it? Thats whay i was going to put a shim under.
Please tell me more.
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #22
NEKVT

After messing with it more it seems like it has somthing to do with the swing gate alignment. It seems like when the swing gate is shut it goes in too fas, and the loop on the flip glass cant quite push back far enough on the latch to make it click shut.
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #23
northenhill
2006 KJ Liberty 

One of our work Jeep Libs, a 2003, its rear door/glass started malfunctioning after a couple years in service. Would close the gate and glass would bonk against the latch mech. inside the door. Took off the interior cover to the gate and kept a screwdriver in the back for releasing the spring in the latch mechanism. Not sure on the mech. terms, but seemed a slot between flanges on the latch unit we easily pryed would release spring tension and latch mech. would swivel/accuate to accept window latch. This problem was intermittent and went on for years stringing along on this truck. At the least, was a good field remedy. This wasnt my primary shift truck, so I dont know and doubt if it was diagnosed or even repaired correctly ever to tell you any final, proper resolution. But, of course we lost the plastic interior gate piece in the shop somewhere so it stayed open/exposed for good.
northenhill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.