another p0300 code - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > another p0300 code

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
sherminator866
2006 LJ Wrangler 

another p0300 code

so ive been searching this for a long while now and just cant seem to figure out what is causing this. i would rather not take it to the dealer and most people online say the dealer doesnt really help much either.

so i have a 06 liberty 6spd 4x4. check engine light came on for random misfire blah blah blah. so what i cant seem to understand is what other parts can i look for and test, if possible, that can be causing this? p0142 (o2 bank 1 sensor 1) just came up yesterday, but i get no other codes for single cylinders. i dont see how it could be coils, injectors, or plugs because if this were the case it would throw the cylinder too i would think. ive changed plugs, crank sensor, and fuel pressure was at 60lbs for about 10 mins straight, also swapped the asd relay with blower relay and it didnt help. i know there is a ton of other threads on this, but im not sure what else past what ive done can be checked or looked at by myself.

thanks a ton guys.

sherminator866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

This won't help you, but FWIW - on my 2005 KJ, I occasionally get a CEL for a random misfire (say, every 500-600 miles or so) that sometimes goes on to be pinned down to cylinder 1 or cylinder 2. If I do nothing, the CEL goes off after the set number of key cycles (I think it's 40), meaning that the problem hasn't recurred - until about 600 miles' time.

I changed all the coils and plugs back at the start of the year, so I don't think it's those. The crank sensor is still the factory original at 125K miles.

I did find the diagnostic manual (note, NOT the FSM - the diagnostic manual is separate) for the KJ online somewhere, which laid out the full factory procedure for chasing down misfires. I think I'll have to try and find it again. It was quite involved and needs the DRB3 to complete in full, but essentially it tests every possible cause, including a leaking fuel injector.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
flexyxj
2009 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator866 View Post
so ive been searching this for a long while now and just cant seem to figure out what is causing this. i would rather not take it to the dealer and most people online say the dealer doesnt really help much either.

so i have a 06 liberty 6spd 4x4. check engine light came on for random misfire blah blah blah. so what i cant seem to understand is what other parts can i look for and test, if possible, that can be causing this? p0142 (o2 bank 1 sensor 1) just came up yesterday, but i get no other codes for single cylinders. i dont see how it could be coils, injectors, or plugs because if this were the case it would throw the cylinder too i would think. ive changed plugs, crank sensor, and fuel pressure was at 60lbs for about 10 mins straight, also swapped the asd relay with blower relay and it didnt help. i know there is a ton of other threads on this, but im not sure what else past what ive done can be checked or looked at by myself.

thanks a ton guys.
We had a similar situation with our '02 KJ. Change the o2 sensor and clear your codes. I chased a random misfire with an occasional o2 sensor code and thought the misfire code was causing the o2 code but it was the other way around. The o2 code was causing the misfire codes.
flexyxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.