Allen 303d over tire mount bike rack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Allen 303d over tire mount bike rack

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
lulu1994
2003 KJ Liberty 

Allen 303d over tire mount bike rack

I hope someone can help me. I ordered. The Allen 303d tire mount bike rack which claims to fit my 2003 jeep liberty. It does but I cannot figure out where to put the straps. Where the heck would you hook the hooks to and tie the straps off. People online claim this works great for their Liberty, but I cannot figure out where to put the straps! I do not have a hitch.

Here's a link to the picture
http://www.allensportsusa.com/products/303DB

Can someone please give some guidance?!

lulu1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
oruacat2

Can't really tell much from that picture, but I had a similar rack years ago for my Explorer - the hooks on the top straps hooked into the seam where the top of the tailgate snugs up to the vehicle itself, and the hooks on the bottom straps just hooked to the lip of the underside of the rear bumper. I would usually tie the excess/slack portion of the straps to the bikes themselve as an extra "peace of mind" measure to avoid looking in my rearview mirror and seeing my bike bouncing down the highway. lol
I no longer have my 2005 Liberty, so I have nothing to reference specifically for you. Good luck.

KD
oruacat2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.