All 4 Wheels are Locked - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > All 4 Wheels are Locked

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-29-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
jeeptroubles

All 4 Wheels are Locked

I'm not a car person - so I'm looking here for a little advice

We were stopped at a red light and when we stepped on the accelerator we heard a thunk (kind of like something falling out of the car) and it wouldn't move. Thankfully we were right outside of a towing place so I ran and got help. All four wheels are locked up and it will not do anything.

It has been a good 'healthy' jeep so far. The only other trouble I have had is some vibration between 50-55 which I thought was due to my tires so I had them rotated last week and they said the vibration would stop within 2 weeks. Could this have something to do with my wheels locking up?

The shop thinks it could be the transmission, the transfer case, or some differential thing.

Has anyone else had this problem before? What was done to fix it?
Thank you for your words of wisdom.

jeeptroubles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #2
STSMWR
2003 KJ Liberty 

this has never happened to me but I'm sorry it happened to you. Did you get it towed somewhere that can fix it? I hope it works out to be nothing major.
STSMWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
CmdrK
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptroubles View Post
The shop thinks it could be the transmission, the transfer case, or some differential thing.
Wow, those guys really know their stuff! I think you should have it towed to another shop.

RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #145
LIBERTY LOVIN CLUB MEMBER #4
CmdrK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptroubles View Post
I'm not a car person - so I'm looking here for a little advice

We were stopped at a red light and when we stepped on the accelerator we heard a thunk (kind of like something falling out of the car) and it wouldn't move. Thankfully we were right outside of a towing place so I ran and got help. All four wheels are locked up and it will not do anything.

It has been a good 'healthy' jeep so far. The only other trouble I have had is some vibration between 50-55 which I thought was due to my tires so I had them rotated last week and they said the vibration would stop within 2 weeks. Could this have something to do with my wheels locking up?

Has anyone else had this problem before? What was done to fix it?
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
I think a little more info will be needed...like what were you driving? Year, model, transmission and such...I'm assuming it's a Liberty?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
Contra
1997 TJ Wrangler 

fill out your profile!

it helps us help you

don't ask questions then fill out your profile, fill out your profile then ask questions

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.