ABS and Brake light on? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > ABS and Brake light on?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
idpainpa
2005 KJ Liberty 

ABS and Brake light on?

Just had the ABS light and brake light turn on on my 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD. I am going to run by the local auto parts store and pull any codes. Anyone with a history of similar problems?

idpainpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

The local parts store will most likely not be able to pull ABS codes.
Unread 04-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
idpainpa
2005 KJ Liberty 

Think I have it figured out. The odometer isn't working either! The differential sensor controls the the odometer and will also through an ABS code if malfunctioning. You were correct, the local auto parts store can't pull it with there machine. Sensor was 20 bucks, we will see if that fixes it.
idpainpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
yardbull
2005 KJ Liberty 

I am have the same problem with my 2005 CRD. I ordered the differential sensor, but won't have it for a few days. Please let me know how yours issue comes out and if the sensor fixed the problem or not.
yardbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
2005LibertyCRD

My 2005 Liberty CRD has the same problem, ABS and parking lights come on and odometer fails intermittently. Please let me know the part number for the sensor at the differential and if replacing works.
2005LibertyCRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #6
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

All of you that are having this problem need to carefully examine the connector and cabling going to the diff sensor to make sure the cable is not fraying onto a nearby part such as the hand-brake cable...a common issue.

There was a TSB issued for the 2005 CRD (I think it was only the CRD!) whereby the factory filled the rear diff with the wrong type of oil. This oil had the nasty habit of chewing up the diff sensor so owners were supposed to take their Jeeps to the dealers to have the rear diff fluid replaced with the correct lubricant and have the sensor replaced.

I will try and find this TSB....it could take me some time!

OK here it is..it is TSB-08-048-05 and appears to include all 2005 models! While you guys were all fast asleep I have been slaving away here on the keyboard!

Here is the link:http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f212/tsb...-sensor-27665/
Unread 10-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
fjsb55
2005 KJ Liberty 

Is that sensor something that can be changed without removing the differential cover? I have recently had the diff oil changed and don't want to do it again if I don't have to.
fjsb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #8
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsb55 View Post
Is that sensor something that can be changed without removing the differential cover? I have recently had the diff oil changed and don't want to do it again if I don't have to.
Yes...no need to remove cover as it sits on top of diff.

Very easy to do!
Unread 10-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
fjsb55
2005 KJ Liberty 

Thanks Bill! I've been a long time reader/lurker here. It's nice to know there are so many helpful folks who are quick to reply.
fjsb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
codygspoon

I just fixed mine about a month ago. It was the connection to the sensor that broke on mine. But I fixed it and now it work like a champ again. Just in time for the winter months. Had no abs in the rear end. So glad it's fixed.
codygspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by codygspoon View Post
I just fixed mine about a month ago. It was the connection to the sensor that broke on mine. But I fixed it and now it work like a champ again. Just in time for the winter months. Had no abs in the rear end. So glad it's fixed.
First Post - Welcome to JF -

Good idea to fill out your KJ's profile.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.