60,000 mi. Maintenance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 60,000 mi. Maintenance

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
jeepdaddy65
2005 KJ Liberty 

60,000 mi. Maintenance

I did all the maintenance on my Liberty for the 60,000 mi. mark. Was wondering if I should change the front and rear differential fluids, and transfer case fluid. I have heard of some people doing this, I would like some more opinions. Should I use the recomended lubes and such listed in the manual if I do change them, any recomendations on other lubes. Thanks in advance for the help

jeepdaddy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
jeepdaddy65
2005 KJ Liberty 

In the owners manual it has the recomended lube, and how to drain and refill the transfer case. But how much lube goes in the front and rear differentials.
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #3
aszalan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdaddy65 View Post
In the owners manual it has the recomended lube, and how to drain and refill the transfer case. But how much lube goes in the front and rear differentials.
refill with fluid until it starts to come out of the fill plug hole.

here is a www link which may be useful.

http://jeephorizons.com/tech/diffoil.html
aszalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
jeepdaddy65
2005 KJ Liberty 

Thanks for the link that definately helps
Unread 04-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
jeepjeepster

The front diff has a drain and fill plug while the rear only has a drain plug. You must take the cover off the rear diff to get the oil out. Make sure you throughly clean both surfaces before putting new RTV on the diff cover. wait 30min or so then add oil to the fill hole with the Jeep level.
jeepjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.