5 lug 4.5" to 5 lug 5" adapters - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 5 lug 4.5" to 5 lug 5" adapters

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 10-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
gashead
2012 JK Wrangler 

5 lug 4.5" to 5 lug 5" adapters

I want to replace my 2004 liberty 16" wheels with my brother-inlaws 17" wheels off of his 2006 cherokee.
My bolt circle is 4.5" five lugs
His is 5" five lugs
I found 6061 aluminum adapters online.
Wondering if this is safe.
Anyone have any input?

Thanks
dave

gashead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

You will need a lift or you will get major rubbing.

I personally would never recommend spacers as now you got 40 lugnuts to worry about.Just get the correct bolt pattern rims and problem solved.
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashead View Post

I want to replace my 2004 liberty 16" wheels with my brother-inlaws 17" wheels off of his 2006 cherokee.
My bolt circle is 4.5" five lugs
His is 5" five lugs
I found 6061 aluminum adapters online.
Wondering if this is safe.
Anyone have any input?

Thanks
dave

I do not know the backspacing on the Grand's wheels - so I won't venture as to wether they will work on your rig or not.

If you use spacers, would recommend the Spidertrax ones. Well made and are run on many Jeeps. Currently have a set of spacers on a TJ, and a set of adapter spacers 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5 on the KJ to run 09 Rubi 17" Moab rims. I do have a lift on it though and required pinch weld pounding for clearance in the back of the front wheel wells & some heat gun work on the front lower air dam lip to clear tires (245-70-17's) on full turns to solve rubbing issues.

JMPO - Adapters are only as safe as the person that installs them. Personally, I check them 3 to 4 times a year as a precaution & after any serious wheelin. I also believe in the manufacturers spec to use the loctite that comes with Spidertrax spacers. Does require heat to remove them though. Also I never let a shop touch the tires or wheels on anything in my driveway. Except for mount and balancing.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.