4wd Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 4wd Problems

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
jeepkj617
2002 KJ Liberty 

4wd Problems

Every time I shift into 4wd hi, there is a speed dependent clunk noise that comes from the front end. There seems to be a little bit of play in the drive shaft coming out of the t-case into the front diff, so I was thinking it might be the u-joint?

When in 4wd low, I get the same noise, except it occurs at a much higher rate at the same speeds as 4wd hi. Could this actually be a transfer case problem?

Thinking about buying a Cobra® 29-LTD 2-Way 40-Channel CB Radio. Anyone have install/antenna suggestions?
jeepkj617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

No u joint in the front driveshaft
Have you looked at the rear boot on the front driveshaft?
Could possibly be the issue
easy fix
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
jeepkj617
2002 KJ Liberty 

Good to know hah I havnt actually had a chance to really look at it, plus its been so cold and I don't have a garage or anything.

I'm not entirely sure what to look for there, but I did some searching now that I know what/were it is. Looks like the whole joint needs to be replaced if that's the problem?

Thinking about buying a Cobra® 29-LTD 2-Way 40-Channel CB Radio. Anyone have install/antenna suggestions?
jeepkj617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

You can get a repair kit thats about 65-70 bucks
hardest part is removing the driveshaft and even thats not very hard to remove

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.