4k rpm rev limiter??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 4k rpm rev limiter???

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 03-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

04 stalls runs rough after warm up/4k rpm limit while driving

trying to help a friend get her liberty fixed, its a 05 with around 112k on it.
when driving under hard accerlation the motor cuts off at 4k rpm, like its hitting the rev limiter. it had been stalling on her at idle after it was warm, i cleaned the iac valve and that seemed to help (it doesnt stall anymore) but still has a rough(to me) idle. there are no lights on the dash. Any guesses on whats wrong??

Unread 03-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Fuel pump. Check the rail preasure
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

any idea what it should be?
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

well still didnt fix this. it was hard for me to work on cause she lives 45 min from me but she recently hit a deer and the jeep is now at my work garage so we can fix it so i figured id try to get the stalling issue fixed since it came back. i put new plugs in it but no help. also its a 04 not a 05. so if you start if when cold and just let it idle till it warms up it starts to stumble then will stall, start up again i dle for a minute then stumble and die. im going to buy a fuel pressure gauge this week and start there, just not sure why it would change after its warm
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Check and verify fuel pressure. Make sure fuel pressure is sustainable under load. You put in NGK copper plugs gapped to 0.040" correct? O2 sensors can cause issues on these if the heaters do not warm them up fast enough. Badly fouled injectors can also play a factor. A good quality scan tool would make this a lot easier, as it will allow you to monitor fuel trims, important as it helps tell you what is going on inside the engine.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #6
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

I put in whatever plugs the parts store dropped off dont remember what brand but i did gap them to .040. the weird thing is the cel light never comes on, there is a peerform service message though is this a cel light on these?? as soon as i get the some headlights in it im going to take it to get scanned, we have a good scanner but the garage we got it from is borrowing it as theirs broke and their a actuall garage that really needs it, were a recovery/towing company that fixes things sometimes. thanks for the help .
Unread 07-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Never throw parts in a vehicle without at least knowing what brand the stuff is. Different types, and brands of plugs can have adverse effects on performance. In an ideal world, the parts store flunkies would hand you the right plug every time, but too many go to autozone, and will automatically hand you bosch plugs every time unless you request something better.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

They were ac delco plugs
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

update...its fixed. ended up being the map sensor, $22 fix. owner is a happy camper now
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #10
TwoBobsKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
update...its fixed. ended up being the map sensor, $22 fix. owner is a happy camper now
That means you're a happy camper now too, right?

Bob
- 3.7L, 42RLE, 4.10's, 4X Guard Trans skid, Factory Engine, T-case, Tank skids, Modded BoulderBars sliders, OME 927/948, Bilsteins, JBA A-Arms & 1/4" top plate, 1 extra rear iso/side, Moabs with Firestone Destination AT's 255/70-16
TwoBobsKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.