3.7L V6 Misfire HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 3.7L V6 Misfire HELP!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Chris011887
2003 KJ Liberty 

3.7L V6 Misfire HELP!

I have a 03 Liberty V6 3.7L and When I got it it had a Misfire on Cylinder 4.I just thought it needed a spark plug change no big deal it ran great.I changed all spark plugs and the Check Engine light went off and it ran like a dream.About a day and half later the light came back on.It now had a shake to it so I went out and got a replacement coil and put it in did not go away and the Light started blinking.Went to go put it into a garage to work on it with a friend and smelt something burning looked under the hood and the coil pack was melted in half I figured it might have been a faulty coil pack so I put the old one back in to get to the house and by the time I got there it had already started melting this coil pack.I checked the spark plug to see if it was fouled and it looks like it did when i put it in.I do not know what to do at this point as I dont have the money to put it in a shop and dont know alot about engine work has anyone else had this problem?Ive read alot about these engines breaking valve springs?

Chris011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
Durango_USMC
2002 KJ Liberty 

Check the spark gap on that plug, after that look for a short in the wiring or a bad ground. You can also check the resistance of the coil packs and see if its uniform. I wish I could be of more assistance.
Durango_USMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.