Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

3.7L V6 Misfire HELP!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Durango_USMC 
#1 ·
I have a 03 Liberty V6 3.7L and When I got it it had a Misfire on Cylinder 4.I just thought it needed a spark plug change no big deal it ran great.I changed all spark plugs and the Check Engine light went off and it ran like a dream.About a day and half later the light came back on.It now had a shake to it so I went out and got a replacement coil and put it in did not go away and the Light started blinking.Went to go put it into a garage to work on it with a friend and smelt something burning looked under the hood and the coil pack was melted in half I figured it might have been a faulty coil pack so I put the old one back in to get to the house and by the time I got there it had already started melting this coil pack.I checked the spark plug to see if it was fouled and it looks like it did when i put it in.I do not know what to do at this point as I dont have the money to put it in a shop and dont know alot about engine work has anyone else had this problem?Ive read alot about these engines breaking valve springs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.