2008 Liberty tail light wiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2008 Liberty tail light wiring

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 05-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Justjoe444

2008 Liberty tail light wiring

I am installing a wiring harness to the tail lights on our 2008 4WD Liberty so we can tow it behind our motorhome. Each tail light assembly has 3 bulbs in a plastic housing. A 4 wire harnes plugs into the housing. Turn light, brake light, running light, seems like the 4th wire should be a ground wire. Funny thing is when I snipped it, they all still worked. I did notice that some current would then bleed over to the other turnlight and stop light until it was reconnected.
Can anyone explain what is going on here?
I have calls in to my jeep dealer and to the wiring harness manufacturer so I may get a reply from them. I sure would like to see the wiring diagram for these lights.
By the way, we love the new Liberty.

Justjoe444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2008, 08:01 AM   #2
griff02
2008 KK Liberty 

I know I added the Jeep 7-pin wire harness on mine. It is actually made for the Nitro, and the reverse lights were on the wrong pin in the harness. That being said, I think the reverse lights on the Liberty are on either pin 1 or pin 4 on the tail light assembly and the other is blank (either pin 1 or 4).
griff02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.