2007 Transmisson replaced but still has problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2007 Transmisson replaced but still has problem

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
cinderellaii
2007 KJ Liberty 

2007 Transmisson replaced but still has problem

Hi,
I had my transmission replaced last week. According to the junk yard owner, it was a brand-new transmission that was taken from a brand-new Jeep (there was a fire at the dealer). The fluid was pink, and everything looked new. My mechanic assured me many many times.

As I took the car for a test drive, I immediately felt that I couldn't accelerate as smoothly as before. It made a grinding sound when I passed 45, 50, and 60 miles. My mechanic said I should take the car to the dealer to check the fluid because he didn't have the kit (my 2007 jeep liberty didn't come with a dipstick as many on the forum had already pointed out).

Long story short, 2.5 quart of fluid was put in and my jeep did run a lot better. At least I didn't have to step on gas so hard to pick up speed. However, I discovered that if I stayed at 45 miles, it would make the sound again as if when you drive off the road and hit the grooved part on the side of the highway. If I accelerate all the way to above 50, it would run smoothly.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of the problem? Thank you.

Last edited by cinderellaii; 05-13-2013 at 08:01 AM..
cinderellaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.