2007 Liberty PCM/Skreem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2007 Liberty PCM/Skreem

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
Jeepless666
2007 KJ Liberty 

2007 Liberty PCM/Skreem

Jeep dealer replaced Skreem/PCM. Jeep is running but Code P0633 Still active.

Why would they consider the vehicle repaired if the code is still active?

Will there continue to be an issue with this vehicle?

Single owner/60,000 miles

Jeepless666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Bnova
2006 KJ Liberty 

I believe that code is saying that your SKIM key is not programmed to the PCM. You might have to swing back to the dealer and have them program the key to the PCM.
Bnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
Jeepless666
2007 KJ Liberty 

I have the work order/invoice from the Jeep dealer. It states they were aware of the code problem. They contacted a Field Technician who told them if they got the car started and there were no issues other than the code just return the car to the customer. This dealer had the vehicle for 5 weeks!!!!

PS-They went through 4 or 5 parts and 3 keys.

Does this mean the anti-theft system is not working?

Does anyone know if this will be an issue if I try to sell the car?
Unread 01-21-2014, 03:42 AM   #4
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Maybe they handed it back to you in the hope that the MIL would turn off after three good trips.....how long have you had the Jeep back in your possesion?

I would hand it straight back to the Dealer...they either fitted a bad PCM or more likely did not program the new one properly.

This is from the Service Manual of the 2006 KJ:
img.jpg

Unread 01-21-2014, 06:05 AM   #5
Bnova
2006 KJ Liberty 

I saw that too, but I didn't know if the key isn't programmed, if it will see a "good" trip.
Bnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #6
Jeepless666
2007 KJ Liberty 

The Jeep was picked up on Dec 20, 2013. I had not read through the work order completely because I could not get past the page where they were charging me for 2 keys that failed during programming. They have since returned $359.00 after I submitted a survey to Chrysler. On Jan 15, 2014 the car would not start, dim lights. Towed it to a non Jeep repair shop. They replaced the high beam relay and all seems fine now but they were the ones that brought the code to my attention. My mistake for not seeing it on the work order in the first place but as you can see I was dealing with a Jeep Dealer that overcharged me.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.