JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KJ Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   2006 liberty wont start?? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/2006-liberty-wont-start-1507771/)

kaykay7110 04-11-2013 01:32 PM

2006 liberty wont start??

I was driving in the rain the other day and some guy almost came in to my lane and hit me, I honked and put on my breaks they skipped a little but then I pushed on the gas and it was still fine then all the sudden I heard this loud thudding sound from my engine and it was repeating and louder when i stepped on the gas. I wasn't going any where real fast maybe 35 or 40 mph I thought my car had died but it didn't and the RPMs wasn't going past 2k and my check engine light came on and so did my traction control, so I kept going and got off on a exit when I came to turn it acted like it was gonna died till I laid in to the gas pedal and then it went. I parked and turned it off it acted like it had a dead battery when i tried to go start it again, so i replaced the battery and had the altanator checked its fine, replaced the starter still wont start acts like it wants to start can hear the fuel pump and the battery engaging but just wont start??.. all the regular dash lights and head lights come on but one dash light that never came on before is the traction control light it didnt come on when i started it before all this happen now it does??? i have tried to push the traction control button off and tried to start it same.. put it in netruel tried to start same put it in 4x4 tried to start same....please help me

grenade187 04-11-2013 07:32 PM

Get someone to plug a reader into it and get the codes that are setting off your check engine light, that will at least narrow it down.

kaykay7110 04-11-2013 10:46 PM

I did that and its showing no codes that i havent already had like a misfire, happens in every jeep i have ever had but never to where it wont start and for my code reader to work i have to start the engine i cant just put it in the on postion!

Today i also put a crankshaft sensor on it! still wont start

kaykay7110 04-14-2013 08:24 PM

wow such a great website!!! jeepkj.com is better at least they help on that one!!!

Billwill 04-15-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaykay7110 (Post 15296801)
wow such a great website!!! jeepkj.com is better at least they help on that one!!!

Sarcasem much?:laugh:

I frequent various sites for the KJ....sometimes one site is better than others on a particular problem and sometimes not....the main thing is you want people to post answers if they have an intelligent answer that could actually help and who keep quiet if they cannot assist.;)

kaykay7110 04-16-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billwill (Post 15297540)
Sarcasem much?:laugh:

I frequent various sites for the KJ....sometimes one site is better than others on a particular problem and sometimes not....the main thing is you want people to post answers if they have an intelligent answer that could actually help and who keep quiet if they cannot assist.;)

I know just kind of funny how there's a lot more people on this sit and only one could chime in that's why I like jeepkj they come back just to see what's the update on problems.

flexyxj 04-21-2013 03:39 PM

So did you figure out what is wrong from all the knowledge at the other website? I think you possibly hydro-locked your engine based on your description .....

The time now is 05:06 PM.